SMS messages and email

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I did this last year with Yahoo mail. I set up a filter so "cottage" appeared. Trouble was it was picking up the "cottage" which appears in my signature so when folk replied to any email I'd sent I was getting text'd. :roll: You do tend to get the spam ones too, listing sites offering you once in a life time's.... grrr.

I'm the same Helen. Have about 6 email addresses for various things. Yahoo spam filter is pretty good so that is my cottage one. If only Wi Fi was a bit more widespread.....
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Oh Gosh :?
Dont think Im up to all that Helen :roll: :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Ros, I didn't use that service in the end as I realised I actually already had it.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Im really impressed Helen :wink:
I got to the second line and was in Rozzie world..
or La La Land which is much the same thing ..
I have really got a mental panic block about this stuff but Im sure I could impress you with my skills....em theres...em....em.. : Did I ever tell ya I can knit Yah :!: amd younowwot.....[just between ourselves Wabbitt cant :wink: ] but she is lovely nontheless and Im knitting her a balaclaver
for Xmas...Oh Buxxer thats spoilt it ..and dont even ask what Mouse is getting but its Pink :wink:
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

technically, all that it involved was adding a mobile telephone number to my email settings.
linda147

Post by linda147 »

to avoid all the spam getting sent as text messages (50 texts would only last me a day!) you need to set up message rules in your e-mail client. I use Outlook Express for my main e-mail account through Piped and it is easy to do. I can access my Pipex e-mail account through webmail when I am away so this is all I need.
I also have a Yahoo account and I can't see how you do it in that so maybe webmail is more difficult. I very rarely use this account though.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

As an test I sent myself an enquiry through my website and received the text message. I also have some filters set up which stop the recent spam I get from the enquiry form, I found two of them in my spam folder this morning, and I didn't receive any texts.