Good Samaritan taxi driver !!!!!

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Donna P

Good Samaritan taxi driver !!!!!

Post by Donna P »

Hi Chumleys

I must fill you in on a wonderful act of kindness today. Here in the UK we have had severe storms and flooding . I had a call this afternoon from my next guests in my apartment.
They had left their home at 6AM knowing that their usual one hour journey to the airport would take much longer because of motor-way closures etc. As their flight wasn't until 12.35 pm, they thought they had left plenty of time to get to the airport.
At 3PM they still had'nt even got close to Birmingham Airport and had missed their flight.
I contacted my taxi man in Mazarron and explained the situation and although he had been waiting at Murcia airport for them , he was very bright and cheery and stated that "nobody can help the weather" and how glad he was that he and his good lady wife did'nt live in England anymore !
My guests then called me and said that they had managed to book a flight to Alicante, some hour and a half from my apartment in Puerto de Mazarron, however, their flight wouldn't land until 01.45.
After contacting Fred my taxi man again, his good lady wife told me that it was no problem and he would go to Alicante and pick them up at 1.45 in the morning, a 3 hour round trip for Fred, and he would charge them about the same amount as for the Murcia trip of only 45 mins.

Fred, I salute you !! You have secured yourself a transfer deal for many years to come.

Donna x
Last edited by Donna P on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop the world I want to get off"
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Wow! There are SUCH nice people in the World,a sort of antidote to all the nasty things we hear about. I suppose the horrid stuff hits the headlines and the everyday simple acts of kindness aren't newsworthy. We all salute you Fred :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

OOH Donna Thats Great :D ...

Good on yer Fred :!: As often in these sorts of circumstances Good will shine through :!: Lets here it for the Freds of this world..[aint that a great name :D ]
The weather has been awful here in UK not too bad where we are though[hubbies trying to work outside and hes in and out like one of them weather thingies escaping the rain]
Lots were stuck on the M5 yesterday and one chap and his family were interviewed hed been travelling all day and night and hadnt moved for hours but he really was philisophical about and was really chuffed when they managed to get to the loo and have a drink[not in the loo obviously] when asked if he thought the police etc services ought to have done more he said that there were houses flooded people in more trouble than him and they had more important things to do :o ....
Hope your guests arrive safely and have a great time Sounds like they will need it :wink: ....
Thanks for posting Donna :!: As Fraise said a great antidote...
....Great start to the day :wink: .
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Our guests from yesterday had travelled from the North of UK on Friday night to avoid the worst of the weather. Stayed overnight in Dover.Caught the 6.30 ferry. One driver the whole way,took them almost 10 hours driving/stopping. Drove past the house,turned around and ...ended up in a ditch a few hundred metres from their destination! They rang to let us know, we tore round.I felt SO sorry for them BUT passsing cars had stopped to offer help ( language problem, tiny rural road,not much traffic!) and someone had called their neighbour who trundled up in the tractor ( from a few miles away as this was the middle of nowhere), got out a rope, and pulled them out. What a start to their holiday but what nice people were around! The kindness of strangers :lol: 8)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

The kindness of strangers
Yes indeed :!: Oh Fraise another great tale :D
..and I know these people wouldnt have wanted to start their hols this way of course..but this kind act will stay with them long after the strain of the journey...
and they will look back to it in a positive way and repeat it many times Im sure :wink:
...What about that time we went to France blah de blah..and these lovely French people....
As you said kindness of strangers...... :wink: :)

Another heartwarming tale...I feel all warm inside now...Thanks :wink: