Free sunday times ads..

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oh, I forgot to let you know before. We had an enquiry, someone wanting a week at the end of August but we're already booked. They quoted the Sunday Times add ! Yay ! We also had a surge of visitors to our web site :-)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Fraise :) ..Thats good then Im really pleased for you :D [memo to self must try again...reply from self youre 'aving a laugh :!: ]
Have any of you others had much interest shown?
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Good news Paolo & Fraise!

I totally forgot to check on my ad on Sunday! :(
Can we renew the free ad each week?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I'm tempted at just 19.50 to place the ad in the Saturday travel supplement next time too.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

BagPuss wrote: Can we renew the free ad each week?
My question too Crystal. I've put the ad in for next Sunday, but I'd rather put the ad in after August as I don't want to waste peoples time by giving the impression that I have availability for August this year.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

There was an option to select the ad for up to four weeks.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

LV said
..I'd rather put the ad in after August as I don't want to waste peoples time by giving the impression that I have availability for August this year.
I was thinking along the same lines too.....but re-advertising end of October to get some bookings in for Winter or perhaps (hopefully) for next year!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The next few weeks are ideal for me, as everyone gets back fromt thier summer hols, they start to think about their ski trip.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All :)

I know what you mean but if its free whats the harm :?:
Well I know as Susan says she doesnt want to waste peoples times[and her own having to answer about dates that are booked I expect]but even so...
Crystal said...
I was thinking along the same lines too.....but re-advertising end of October to get some bookings in for Winter or perhaps (hopefully) for next year!
surely if its free
From my experience people are enquiring and booking for next year now...
Of course its up to you all and it might seem a bit rich[a bit :roll: ] coming from me who hasnt done it but as we all know thats more to do with not being able to do it
...Youve all managed it and I think you should keep it up Good on you all...Much success :!:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I'm more or less booked up until end of October (with an enquiry pending for the 2 free weeks in Sept)..so similar to LV I wouldn't want to waste peoples time after seeing the ad and to be disappointed if they did they enquire (I should be so lucky! :wink: ) for availability during that period.

Big Sis said
From my experience people are enquiring and booking for next year now...
Well...so far I've got a couple of enquiries pending and 2 bookings for next year...so hope they keep rolling in! :D
mon269

Post by mon269 »

A bit late, but I've just placed my add. Let's see what it brings.
Independentowners.com

Post by Independentowners.com »

Hey LV BagPuss and Big Sis...

... never miss an opportunity.

Why not phrase your ad to include something like "Oct 2007 onwards"... or "from Nov" then you won't have to worry about wasting peoples time.

Bob
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Independentowners.com wrote:Hey LV BagPuss and Big Sis...

... never miss an opportunity.

Why not phrase your ad to include something like "Oct 2007 onwards"... or "from Nov" then you won't have to worry about wasting peoples time.

Bob
Because you only get three lines and I struggled to fit all the words in I wanted as it was :?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

LV said
Because you only get three lines and I struggled to fit all the words in I wanted as it was
Good point LV :!:
and that was another reason i didnt do it..[apart from the fact Im technologically challenged of course...Ive never managed to say anything in that amount of words..as ive just proved...] :wink:
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Big Sis.. wrote:...Ive never managed to say anything in that amount of words..as ive just proved...] :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only you could have posted that comment Big Sis :wink: