A Nice One from Mr Brown - Anntention please!

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Ann

A Nice One from Mr Brown - Anntention please!

Post by Ann »

And another one..................

ANNTENTION I AM MR BROWN A CITIZEN OF UNITED KINGDOM BECAUSE I HAVE OIL COMPANY IN WEST AFRICA NIGERIA ALSO I LIVE IN WEST AFRICA NIGERIA WITH MY FAMILY PRESENTLY AM ON A BUSINESS TRIP IN KUWAIT.

I SAW YOUR ADVERT FOR RENT KINDLY GET BACK TO ME I WANT TO BOOK FOR 3 MONTH FROM Sat Sep 01 2007 until Fri Oct 26 2007 £400 OR LET ME KNOW THE DATE YOUR APARTMENT IS FREE ALSO LET ME KNOW THE COST FOR THE PERIOD AND MORE DETAILS

I AWAIT YOUR REPLY

BROWN
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Yep! Another definite scam! Do they think we're all brainless?!! :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

ANNTENTION
Is your surname Tention the Ann :wink: :D :lol:
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

I'm pretty sure I have had him before, less than a year ago, or at least very similar. The reason it stands out in my memory is because my husband was an oil manager in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for some time and I was based out there with him, so we found it very amusing !! We followed up a similar scam later, for a laugh to see how far they would go and how it would end, but quickly decided we were time wasting. I posted him on here.
A great many scams originate from there and were going on whilst we were there - won't bore you with the details.
Most of the emails ( not related to accommodation sites like ours ) asking for people to place money into an account to help them get access to funds left to them by some kind benefactor - usually accompanied by a big sob story - stem from that country. They have dried up lately.
The bit that bothers me is that some people actually fall for it and go and meet them in hotels ??? Mucho peligroso !!!
Having said that and having lived there, however, and seen first hand the dreadful problems and poverty in some areas, I think I can understand why people become this desperate.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I got one from Mr Brown too although he gave a different name. :roll: Do they think we were born yesterday?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be