Result - success with a difficult week

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
cromercrabholiday

Result - success with a difficult week

Post by cromercrabholiday »

We always have problems letting the last week in August. Last week Jane had someone who wanted it for three nights and then at a great discount, which she rejected.

Yesterday, I got a call "Is that week really free?". Yes, it is. "Only other websites show the week as free and then you find it isn't" No, it really is free. "I'll have to check with my sister - she'll be home in half an hour"

Phone went half an hour later and I handed it over to Jane. The lady was ecstatic to find that it was STILL free, and delighted to pay the full tariff for the week.

We've had our best year ever so far - I'd love to be able to tell you why!

John
Garri

Post by Garri »

We had a week's holiday on the north Norfolk coast in middle of July and weather was so miserable! And, if that wasn't bad enough, it wasn't cheap either!

We made a rule:

If you must take a holiday on the British coast then make sure you hire a beach hut!

That said, we managed to visit a few nice places for future reference:

- Sheringham
- Wells-next-the sea
- Winterton-on-sea
- Overstrand!

We really liked the 'vibe' in Overstrand but next visit we'll need a beach hut. How does one go about hiring them in your neck of the woods?

Like most things in this country, they'll probably cost an arm and a leg ;-)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi John Im glad you had a good result :wink: ...and a successful season!! It cant have been easy this year.
Sheringham
- Wells-next-the sea
- Winterton-on-sea
- Overstrand!
Hi Garri they are lovely arent they..North Norfolk has some lovely places...
Wells has lots of Happy Memories for me ..All the family used to go for the day Cockling..
Winterton is the nearest one to us.
.We have a lovely beach at Gorleston-on-sea[5 mins from us] and Beach Huts to hire[my friend used to hire them out up to a few years ago and deckchairs etc and I used to help her :wink: ]
http://www.keithhastings.co.uk/USERIMAG ... -Beach.jpg
but in the heady days of the 50/60s we had a beach full of 'em
http://www.keithhastings.co.uk/USERIMAG ... 1950's.jpg
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

...and the two Runtons and the great carnival at Cromer in Summer , my particular favourite. Well done, John, really pleased for you !
Moon Dog

Post by Moon Dog »

Good news indeed. That last week of the summer holidays seems to be hard for a lot of people. We happen to be going to our place in the middle of that week so I was able to offer the first half of it at a reduced rate as an incentive to book the week before.

We have had full occupancy for the six weeks of the UK school hols which has really cheered me up. I must admit that I wondered if it would ever sell at one stage. I think that the awful weather in the UK and Ireland has helped and those last minute bookers have just been pleased to find anywhere in the sun!
Manyana Marketing Ltd...
enid

Post by enid »

It's great when you book a sticky week isn't it? - Glad you've had a good season.

Norfolk - had a great holiday there in 1976 - it was a heatwave that year - I had a holiday with my parents and my one year old daughter in lovely cottage in Hemsby near Gt Yarmouth and my first husband joined us for week two. That's were my son was conceived and my Mum called him Hemsby all through my pregnancy - Dad had got used to it and he though it sounded posh. Happy memory - that little baby is the one who just got married!
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I love Norfolk too, when I was a child, our family holidays were always taken in Sheringham or Hunstanton and then there were day trips to the Runtons, Cromer, Yarmouth and Wells.

When my husband and I moved from London to Suffolk, our first holiday was a nostalgic (for me) tour of the Suffolk/Norfolk coast starting from Lowestoft and finishing at Hunstanton. Cromer then became a regular weekend away for us.

Then the children came a long and we had our first holiday with our baby son at Mundsley, followed by lots of day trips to Yarmouth, Hunstanton and Cromer.

Since we've been living in France we haven't been back as our trips to the UK have been too brief and there have always been too many other places to go and people to see. But I am beginning to long for a few days in Cromer and this thread has inspired me to try and make some time on our next trip back.