Guest feed back makes it all worthwhile

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

No Ros, I'm sure it wasn't contrived. Some people are really happy when they have found something that suits them and as you say, you were very accurate with what you put in your ad.

I've also had a couple recently who have gone overboard (not a pun) about my apartment. He sent me a text when he got there to say how lovely it was and sent me a really nice email on their return telling me it was the nicest apartment they have stayed in :oops:

My apartment is not "high tec" is certainly not "5*" does not have new furniture and certainly doesn't have high thread count linen or fluffy towels (although they are decent ones). What I do have though is a home that guests can feel comfortable in and treat it with respect (even though they don't pay high prices) :wink:
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Hi Ros

It sounds great, I would be really pleased to get that too! So yes you must put it on your ad! Fingers crossed they do come back too! :lol:
Stu

Post by Stu »

alifrank1 wrote: My apartment is not "high tec" is certainly not "5*" does not have new furniture and certainly doesn't have high thread count linen or fluffy towels (although they are decent ones). What I do have though is a home that guests can feel comfortable in and treat it with respect (even though they don't pay high prices) :wink:
Absolutely bang on!
enid

Post by enid »

I want to add it to my websites feedback of course[after checking with her]..
But Im concerned it looks contrived
I know what you mean Ros - but you know it's real so that's what matters - it's a great comment and I'd definitely use !!t ( is the website nearly ready the way? - my revamp still dragging its feet)

alifrank's comment struck a chord here too Stu :)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks all for you nice posts :) ,

I have had good feedback and some lovely comments before of course.
I will add it to the websites.

Sorry Enid, I might have mislead you, I meant on my Rental Listing Sites.
The Personal Website is not anywhere on the Horizon at the moment.

This is the Lady who booked within an hour or so of enquiring which I had mentioned before[and sent the full amount the next day]
So the theory of less emails better guests seems to have come right in this instance.

And the Good News is... yes!! shes booked again for November so Im really a Happy Bunny at the moment.

Take Carexx
Bohinj Badger

Post by Bohinj Badger »

Bis Sis,

Hi hope you are well, and good to see you around. Your feedback is indeed great news and no doubt due to your hard efforts. I would definitely put it up on your lisiting site as it will help you distinguish yourself from the competition. If I am booking myself, I usually wittle it down to three properties and it is good guest feedback (like yours!) which will swing it for me -if all properties are available.

BB (Badge)
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Bohinj Badger wrote:Bis Sis,

If I am booking myself, I usually wittle it down to three properties and it is good guest feedback (like yours!) which will swing it for me
Agreed. I don't think the importance of good feedback (and good photos) can be overemphasised. Well done, Ros!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks Wabbitt and Badger,

For your nice words, appreciate it :wink:
brenda

Post by brenda »

Many congrats Big Sis - and you too Alifrank1!

Good feedback makes everything we do worth while.

Today we received our 10th testimonial on our homelidays ad; out of the 10 testimonials received we have an overall score of 4.85 out of 5 - well no=ones perfect! - and it is so pleasing to see guests taking the time to write a report.

Be proud of your feedback Big Sis and Ali - definitely display it on your ads.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All,

Just got a thank you card,
''Just a few lines to thank you for the champagne and card you left in the villa for our Ruby Wedding.
This was a very kind thing to do.We did have a lovely time and didnt want to come home.Once again thank you for your gift!!''

How nice was that! :o
We were there the week before they arrived and I just bought a cheapish Bottle of champers[and took a card out with me]
Just a little gesture but shows how these little things mean a lot doesnt it.
If we were on site, I would definitely do this sort of thing[and Im sure a lot of you do] Costs very little and its something theyll remember Im sure!
I might even get Paula to do it as it seems to make a nice impact doesnt it.
Im chuffed anyway :D

Take Carexx
enid

Post by enid »

Very thoughtful of you and very thoughtful of them to say thank you.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

We had some guests staying in London and when the chap had booked he said it was his wife's 50th birthday whilst they were there and he wanted a few ideas of places to go. So I gave him a few ideas.

I needed to go in to the apartment (with their permission of course) to leave a return deposit cheque for them, so I got a little birthday cake and some chocs and a card and left it there.

I got a lovely note from them saying how touched his wife had been.

Makes you feel all fuzzy inside when you know someone is happy...like Ros says, it's just a little gesture...

and the upside is that he says he was so pleased with the whole experience that he'll recommend our place to his friends! And he said if we are ever planning to come to his home country to email him and he would like to meet us and buy us a drink to return the hospitality. How nice is that!!!!
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Well done Nightie and BigSis! The majority of people would really appreciate such thoughtfulness. It's great to be able to brighten someone's day, and then to hear how delighted they were, especially to be on the spot and able to respond immediately to the situation.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks GG,

Can I just say. It was because of something someone posted on the Forum.[and Im sorry I cant remember who] :roll:
They made a note ,when people were first booking. if they mentioned birthdays, anniversarys etc. and left a little something, and I thought what a nice idea!!

I,like you,are not always there to do the little things, but I was at this time.
But as this little gesture, was so much appreciated,
and Enid was right. Wasnt it nice that they bothered to let me know how much it meant.
Ive already decided to get Paula up to speed on it, and arrange for her to do something similar, when the need arises.
I know,that I too,would have been touched, and what does it cost! Next to nothing, and what a lovely way to start the Hols.

So as always,Im indebted to this Forum and the Forumers on it!!
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Whatever technical know-how is needed, the pictures are wonderful. Hope you and Joan had a superb sunset this evening, Alan. 8)