Essential items for holiday homes

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

guests can mistake them for cocktail shakers
That gives new meaning to the phrase "dirty martini".
Brooke
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

And in the modern age, I think no holiday rental should be without one of these.

Cheers
PC
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Wonderful! But in my experience you don't want to encourage men to spend any longer sitting on the toilet than they already do (20+ minutes - why?????) You can just imagine grabbing the wrong thing in a hurry - it would be a painful and expensive mistake...
Last edited by la vache! on Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enid

Post by enid »

:) :) :) :)
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

La Vache wrote:You can just imagine grabbing the wrong thing in a hurry
If it was Celine Dion, I think it would be a perfectly justified reaction.
Cheers
PC
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I think we ought to steer this thread back to practical issues, and with this in mind, all you toilet paper folder enthusiasts should gain inspiration from:

My personal feeling is the right-hand example blends that degree of sophistication and excitement that our guests seek, and full instructions can be found here - I'm sure your cleaners will co-operate and you'll be one up on their scale of caring owners.

Interestingly, Richard Dawkins has written a paper on the motivation source and gene pool that triggers this impulse in human toilet paper folders; details on request (it could cause uproar in an open forum and lead to unfortunate consequences).

Need it stop there? No. Take a look at these towels from the Jumeirah Beach Hotel in Dubai.

Great for press releases and reviving the towel thread?

MG
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Mmm - I tend to agree MG. I feel ostentious tendancies should be kept out of the bathroom.

Tell me - is thickness a consideration when executing complicated folds? I fear our Spanish paper may not be able to hold the shape :?

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Mouse :shock: Don't tell me you still use that tracing paper stuff that comes out of a box:shock:
Cheers
PC
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Mousie, if I were you, keep away from Google on this subject.

Whole websites are devoted to constructing wedding dresses from loo paper, and without getting too technical, another blames both global warming and the general demise of western society on those who 'crumple' rather than those who 'fold' (I hadn't realised that we were split into two on this - maybe a quick poll?).

MG
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Mouse Don't tell me you still use that tracing paper stuff that comes out of a box:shock:
Never fear Paul...our TP (toilet paper) has imprints of delightful puppies scampering across the sheets. Mind you - it still isn't UK thickness :roll:
(I hadn't realised that we were split into two on this - maybe a quick poll?).
perhaps one to add to the booking form questions? Or maybe include it in the recycling section of the welcome notes?

Mousie (pondering)
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Mountain Goat wrote:I'm sure your cleaners will co-operate and you'll be one up on their scale of caring owners.
:lol: Sure! They always have plenty of time for this kind of thing! I'll send ours the link MG!

Poll Mousie? Yes, excellent suggestion! Who started this thread?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
catherinedonegal

Post by catherinedonegal »

hi everyone.

brilliant ideas here and i rattled my brains :shock: to think of some more:

- a basic sewing kit.

- a few different strengths of spectacles - the kind you get in the pound shop. i'm sure if someone left home without their specs they'd appreciate that.

- aprons.

foxsandsot: can i ask what you put on your questionaire? if it's private, that's fine. :)
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Mountain Goat wrote:

My personal feeling is the right-hand example blends that degree of sophistication and excitement that our guests seek,

MG [/color]
Sad i know but today its been a horrible wet day and have guests in over easter and had nother better to do so spent 20 minutes doing the right hand example. Tell you now it will not be done tomorrow, back to number one
Nessie