Essential items for holiday homes

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I think you have to draw the line on some things - we have some very nice lamps and accessories around and about, and antique furniture or very good quality contemporary pieces, but the loo brushes are plain and white and plastic! Being on the floor, they're vulnerable and the ceramic ones wouldn't last long - in any event, if we're talking about regular replacement ....

If everything in the property was the cheapest of the range, people wouldn't be so happy perhaps, but with things like this I don't think they are too bothered. I also have plastic soap dispensers for the same reason as I said on another thread - with the labels carefully peeled off! 8) I'd take a different view perhaps if I were running a B&B as I imagine, rightly or wrongly, that there's less wear and tear overall.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Plastic, they can easily be replaced, you can buy new brush heads for about 2€ in SuperU. Why would anyone want a designer loo brush??
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

LV, no idea.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

'phew' I'm OK then! :wink:

Some people have those loo brush holders that match the soap dishes and toilet roll holders...and ones that are screwed in to the wall and suspended in mid-air. :roll:

Maybe it's just the spanish :lol:

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
enid

Post by enid »

Plastic here - I hate them but think they are a necessary evil - I do change the brushes frequently :)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

This one is £84 :shock:
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

La Vache wrote:Plastic, they can easily be replaced, you can buy new brush heads for about 2€ in SuperU. Why would anyone want a designer loo brush??
ok. I admit it. I have one. there guilty secret out :-) it is ceramic and really cute and looks nice in my bathroom (which, BTW is MY bathroom...I don't share with the "boys" in my household!!) it makes me happy. I do NOT have a ceramic one in our HR though! it would be overkill for a budget-rental I think and the white plastic is fine and can be replaced often.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Musetta wrote:ok. I admit it. I have one. there guilty secret out :-) it is ceramic
Snap, Musetta - so do we in our main home! :D
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

This is £157, but you do get a loo roll holder too
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Why would anyone want a designer loo brush??

LV, I know you're teasing us.

We try whenever we can to coordinate our fittings, right through the kitchen to the bathroom, and it's difficult to understand how anyone can manage without Philippe's* darling loo brush which is a snip this week down from US$659 to a penny-pinching $291 ('though saw them in PJ's Sloane Sq. last week - er, kitchen section).

The one downside (or perhaps advantage) is that guests can mistake them for cocktail shakers, and they end up in the living room, which confuses our cleaners.

A standby for teenage en suites would be Alessi's merdolino (don't ask), which brings the fun (as the blurb boasts) into shifting p****.

Guest feedback has been excellent on both models, BTW.

MG

*(sorry, Philippe Starck, such a dear friend)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Mountain Goat wrote:
Guest feedback has been excellent on both models, BTW.

MG
What exactly do you mean by 'feedback' MG?
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Mountain Goat wrote:it's difficult to understand how anyone can manage without Philippe's* darling loo brush
A case of starck raving mad, perhaps? :wink:
Wol

Post by Wol »

Sorry MG, but I luvvvvv the Alessi ones :lol: I would seriously consider owning one of those - and they look practical as well as fun, which is more than you can say about the vast majority of loo brushes.
Wol
Not the Wizard of Aus - that's MOH

http://daysontheclaise.blogspot.com/
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Mountain Goat wrote:The one downside (or perhaps advantage) is that guests can mistake them for cocktail shakers, and they end up in the living room, which confuses our cleaners.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Sorry for the delay, guys, been microwaving all our bog rolls (Mrs G too weak with laughter to protest, and new guests, a brace of GPs, well impressed).

Actually, Wol, don't forget the Alessi roll holders - their wit is infectious, and just a cheeky glimpse of the furry Fiorucci loo seat upholstery to set them off. :lol: Aren't they great?

Anyone remember the outside thunderbox and a box of Bronco to break the ice? Those were the days.

MG