Bookings - what am I doing wrong?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

Hee hee! Well, it's still in the consideration phase, since we've had so many groups of adults and Edinburgh is a tough market with so much competition. Yes, it may be unnecessary and extravagant... of course I'd then have cornered the couch potato market. :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Overboard :)
I dont blame you in the slightest..
Tell you what.. do you know when i will install television in the bedrooms... after I get a couple of enquiries asking If I have em :!: Because these will have come from the parents as there the ones making the decisions at this stage[and paying the money of course]and if feel that I would get more bookings if I did....
A lot of children do have televisions in their bedrooms at home...and if there parents want em to have em on holiday as well..its up to them..were not here to tell em what they can and cant do on their hols are we.....
At the moment Ive never been asked and Im doing very well for bookings but I wouldnt think twice about it if I felt the need :wink: so please dont feel guilty youre in a business after all.. :!:
enid

Post by enid »

A lot of children do have televisions in their bedrooms at home...and if there parents want em to have em on holiday as well..its up to them..were not here to tell em what they can and cant do on their hols are we....
Again it's about what kind of client you are hoping to attract - families that can't exist without a TV in every room just wouldn't enjoy themselves here so I don't want them to be misled into booking.
Of course no-one should feel guilty about whatever they are offering to clients and I don't think Overboard would let my rolling eyes influence him at all :wink:
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

enid wrote:
Of course no-one should feel guilty about whatever they are offering to clients and I don't think Overboard would let my rolling eyes influence him at all :wink:
Aaah, but it's the tut tut tutting thats going with it, ;)
enid

Post by enid »

If you'd had as many parents to deal with as I have you would tut tut at some of their decisions too - just 'cos a parent thinks it's a good idea doesn't make it true!! :)

Anyway you're made of sterner stuff - it's when I'm tut tutting and rolling my eyes alongside your Mum that you'll really feel it :D
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

enid wrote:
Anyway you're made of sterner stuff - it's when I'm tut tutting and rolling my eyes alongside your Mum that you'll really feel it :D
:shock:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Overboard said..
of course I'd then have cornered the couch potato market.
Image :wink: :D
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Ooh what an interesting debate, here's my two pennneth

Wish I'd never let the kids have tv's in bedroom at home and I don't want to go down that route. I would change my mind if my competition provided it / if I had LOTS of requests for it / if I wanted a longer letting season.

Would love wi fi, think there is a trial going on by our development so will keep my ears open but don't really want to provide a pc/laptop, would I need a phone line ? I have one but unplug the phone when we leave. Again, have never been asked for phone or wi fi yet.

I must admit I was always under the impression that a lot of people who holiday in rural France did so to get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. Of course they do in other countries too but like Susan once said the French holidayer (is that a word) often are quite happy with more inclement/cooler weather (France seems to have a longer season than Spain) and I guess rightly or wrongly I kinda made me a mental picture of holiday makers who maybe shunned the 'gadgets' of our hectic world.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Partridge wrote:France seems to have a longer season than Spain
Hi Party- where have you been? :D

No, by and large Spain has a longer season - Brittany and Normandy have a longer season than the rest of France I think I can safely say, as they are both so accessible from the UK for shorter breaks. Other French property owners, correct me if I'm wrong.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Hi Party- where have you been?
You don't want to know..oh go on then you did ask. Well, I had another all dayer at hosp with Paul and his jaw and now his backside has started playing up again in a different area, so back to hosp on Wednesday :roll: Oh yes and been playing with my tub..ooh er ! TC over !!

Ooh, hit on an interesting point, yes, of course in theory Spain has a longer summer season but (apart from Ros) it seems to me that that doesn't translate into a longer 'booked season' if you see what I mean. On the whole, would it not be true to say that the 'Frenchies' get at least 15 weeks and up to around 30. I check many sites for Spain/Portugal and don't see many get more than around 8 to 20 max. Then there's Fibi and Sue, another excellent bookings rate and people certainly don't go to Scotland or Northumberland for the sun :wink:

Ok, now I've confused myself. I was thinking people who go to Northern France/Scotland/Northumberland are a different breed who are maybe 'outdoors, never mind the weather' types who want to get away from too much technology but then again it obviously works for LV and Fibi so maybe I'll just have to conclude that there are as many 'give me the country air' types as 'I want my gadgets' types...just as well really :roll:

Oh my God, I've turned into Ros :shock: only joking m'dear :wink:

fibi

Post by fibi »

Think I understand you party! Hope your son is OK??

we get tourers, not really outdoor types - they may go further North. the people we get tour Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews the trossachs etc - they are out everyday from 10am to 8pm or later. they don't come to sunbathe so the weather is irrevalant and indoor things to do are much appreciated in the evenings.
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Oh my God, I've turned into Ros only joking m'dear
Totally understand Id be worried as well if I were you :roll:

Hope all gets sorted with your son..Its such a worry aint it when your kiddiwinks isnt well[and I dont care what age they are theyre still my kiddiwinks]Take carexx
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Thanks Fibi & Ros, unfortunately one of his jaw plates got infected and swelled, so strong antibiotics required and they may put him under next month and remove the plate :roll: Not sure about t'other end, will find out Wednesday.

Funny you say that Ros, Mum was over today and cuddled me saying 'you'll always be my baby' :lol: :lol:

Argh, sorry TC again :oops:

Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Funny you say that Ros, Mum was over today and cuddled me saying 'you'll always be my baby'
How nice is that :wink:
and I bet it made you feel better....cuddles and hugs are such a comfort aint they..Im a real h u g g e r..it seems to fit any situation..if someones sad... give em a hug is someones had some good news give em a hug....
My eldest is not really into it as much as me and my youngest..so she rations me..[and braces herself :wink: ]
Argh, sorry TC again
I know Party but you did say some really relevant stuff as well...and I think if its something nice your saying.TC wise ..and maybe makes people feel a bit warm inside[which it did me]..its OKish...bit like a commercial break...now back to the important bit... :!:
enid

Post by enid »

I'm sorry your son is still having problems Party. This year we have had a much longer season than usual and I can't tell you why!!!!!