Bookings - what am I doing wrong?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
enid

Post by enid »

Sorry to hear that your son is still having problems Party. We have had our longest season ever with enquiries and bookings still coming (I'm putting the closed sign up soon as I am getting very tired). I do still think that people who choose rural France are wanting a taste of that simpler life we all can remember - that's why lots of us live here too. Not to say they won't want wifi etc.

Yesterday one family spent the afternoon bread ( freezing day) and the Dad said that he had never been part of the baking sessions with the children before (great bread by the way - they gave us a loaf). So perhaps you are right - visitors to rural France are expecting to make their own fun. Who knows?
:)
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Maybe parents want the simpler life on holiday but kids are kids the world over! The parents choose the holiday and when the kids get to their teens they feel the holiday is "inflicted" on them! I know I did. Nothing worse than getting to that age when you are aware of being away with your parents.

I know kids bring their game machines to my place as I've had calls that they've left adapters etc.
enid

Post by enid »

Nothing worse than getting to that age when you are aware of being away with your parents.
I think we can all remember that!!! - but can we really cater to avoid it? I'm not sure. I agree that if they want their electronic games they can bring them - I'm not trying to dictate to my guests what they can do I'm trying to decide what I will provide and what I can reasonably be expected to provide.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Yes, I think I have made my mind up now :lol: it would seem that as long as people are happy with their booking rate then they will naturally err towards their own preferences. It would also seem there are enough holiday makers with differing requirements to enable this to happen.

Enid, I think our terrible weather has been good for lots of us. I have had two 9 day bookings for Sept/Oct and I've never had any before :lol:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

I still think a LOT has to do with price....I will eventualy be putting in a washer (next week! yippeeee!) and proably a TV next year (although I REALLY do not need nor want it for my family...and I do have a 6yr old kid!) and who knows what other amenities I will decide to offer :-) ...and then I will charge more...and I will probably get it since none of the other homes in my area offer any of that.

As it stands, no one seems to expect much in the form of amenities in our price range...they have been surprised that I am not charging extra for electricity, sheets, towels, etc.!

I have also found it to be very location specific - people who have been asking about my home and the area are looking for something very "authentic italian", un-touristed and away from everything...so...they are probably just not the types that are looking for an amenity-packed holiday...ha! of course, could be the other way around...they could just be the ones enquiring becasue I DON'T have a tV ;-) maybe if I did...would be getting different lookers (!) :-)