What is going on?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Ju

What is going on?

Post by Ju »

After having a bit of a drought as far as enquiries are concerned ( normal it is August after all) we have had no less than 5 independent enquiries today. All from different sources, some for later this year some for next. Was there some article on the Vendee somewhere?

Normally I would be very sceptical but these sound like genuine enquires.

Here's hoping it continues!

Ju
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

It's the weather, Ju!

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

yeah! We've just let the final week of our season, last week in Sept. We had bookings in Feb then have been solid since before Easter. I'm couting they days until first week in Nov (Dave's bday) when we are back in.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

I've also just started to get lots of enquiries and they all seem geniune. One of them is for the 5 weeks of Nov/Dec when I wasn't booked. He said he's put the cheque in the post today so fingers crossed as it's the hardest time to fill :) I also had another enquiry as I got in tonight for 4 weeks in Oct/Nov! Can't do it but makes me feel better as I'd also had no enquiries for weeks now :lol:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

My enquiries haven't stopped - I've been getting a quite a few every week and most of those that I have availability for have been converted into a booking. There aren't many tyre kickers around at the moment, which is good.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

There aren't many tyre kickers around at the moment, which is good.
Nice phrase LV. :wink: .
Ive had lots of enquiries /bookings as well...
as Mols says its the weather..this must be the worst Summer weve ever had in the UK :(
Hope all of you contine to do well Good Luck!!
Ju

Post by Ju »

:D One booked - October half term which we don't normally get bookings for.

We also got a phone enquiies for September which looks promising.

I am a happy bunny this evening.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I have had a couple of enquiries for my remaining week (26th Aug), and a booking for two weeks in September in the past week. I am holding my breath though, as this time last year, or early in September, all hell broke loose, as the enquiries for the ski season flooded in as soon as everyone returned from their summer hols, and the kids went back to school. If I get the peak weeks that are remaining booked up, I can relax until the first big snowfall. That will start to bring the bookings in for the short breaks, and people not needing school holidays. I am not sure how the early Easter will affect things.