Heating in August?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Jimbo wrote:Jim (putting his cardie on when the guests can't see him)
:lol: Why don't you just strap a hot water bottle under your T-shirt Jim?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Susan said..
The abri has been down on my pool for the last few days and the water temp is 28°C . The pool is the warmest place to be at the moment and the kids are really enjoying themselves.
Well thats good then Susan :!: even though this year has been so awful for the UK and much of France at least the guests have comfortable spacious properties to relax in all with lots of amenities[and heat I hope]
Can you imagine if they were staying a a Hotel room..or a one roomed B&B :roll: .....[without critisizing the B&Bs on here of course]
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Big Sis.. wrote: Can you imagine if they were staying a a Hotel room..or a one roomed B&B :roll: .....[without critisizing the B&Bs on here of course]
Or a tent :shock:
enid

Post by enid »

It's cold again this morning. But I have at last won my annual heating the pool discussion and we re going to go for a heat exchanger so hopefully we'll have good temps next year in the pool.
We've had a good summer overall here but May was dodgy and this week is terrible - but very hot at the weekend and for next week - not a consolation for this week's guest or for you Catherine but at least summer's not over completely. I hope that those of you in the UK will get some of it too :)
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Gosh....the weather really is bad then :shock:

How awful for everyone.

We had rain last night (& still overcast now)...but to be honest it's been a blessing as it's brought the temperature down.
Let's hope the sun comes out sun for everyone.

mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

We had rain last night (& still overcast now)...but to be honest it's been a blessing as it's brought the temperature down.
OOH Mousie :x we're sooo pleased for ya :roll: [and there was us worrying that you might be a tad tooo hot :!: :mrgreen: ]

Seriously though its a good job wu luv ya :wink: :D
and I know the weathers been great out there[and where my houses are]..hopefully itll still be nice as were flitting off again in Sept!!! and trust me I can do HOT!!!
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

The other problem is that all the clothes that I hand washed yesterday are still hanging up soaking wet on the clothes airer along with all the other clothes that got sodden even thru our pacamacs on Monday. Normally we would put them out on the terrace to dry in the sun.

Sun???? What sun????

Daisy (who normally puts a positive, brave face on things - but is now suffering from a serious bout of S.A.D.....)

Brrrrrr.....
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Poor you Daisy, and here's hoping you get a few decent days before you have to head home. :(
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
enid

Post by enid »

I know we are not responsible for the weather but it's hard to live on site and not feel for the guests as they get colder and colder. I'm so sorry that you are having miserable weather NC. Excuse for an expensive bottle of wine methinks.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Poor NC :( Lets hope it soon goes from this..

To this....Ros sending Sunny thoughts.......
Image[/quote]

Take Carexx
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

poor souls I saw trudging miserably around La Rochelle this afternoon, we are not alone...).
So it took rotton weather to make you finally go over to La Rochelle then Daisy :wink: Thank goodness Paul and g/f went the w/e they did, they loved it by the way.

Yes Enid, I would hate to be around watching guests in miserable weather even though it is of course out of our control.

Now remember the motto 'Owners who care', anyone imho who charges for logs/electric after the event for inclement weather cannot put themselves in that category and I for one would be very cross.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
gh

Post by gh »

we re going to go for a heat exchanger so hopefully we'll have good temps next year in the pool.
Same here Enid, this years weather has prompted a re-think, looking into this company as one off our neighbours has it, OH was v.impressed, our pool room, is one off the outhouses and has a large roof spance going to put it up there, the cost to run is minimal. 8)

http://www.navitron.org.uk/solar_collector_panel.htm

Now remember the motto 'Owners who care', anyone imho who charges for logs/electric after the event for inclement weather cannot put themselves in that category and I for one would be very cross.

Ditto. :wink:

Helen
J&J

Post by J&J »

I think Enid's comment about living on site and feeling sorry for the guests is a valid one. The problem is, there is not a lot we can do to help them - other than smile and tell them this year is an exception! We did, however, get an encouraging comment from one party member today, who said, "Don't worry, we have found such a lovely house here in which to enjoy ourselves that we're very happy." It made us think how important it is to offer every possible comfort above and beyond so that people have a great holiday despite the weather. There are certainly already things we are considering adding for next year, (Susan's abri over the pool being a good example!), so at least we haven't become complacent.

Judith
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Mousie said
Let's hope the sun comes out sun for everyone.
Well...it was like monsoon rain down here today :shock: ....Rain ...in August on the CdS!! :shock: Luckily it is still warm for us....but can respect that our neighbours in France must be experiencing unusally chilly weather. :(
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

It's actually been cooler with rain this week (in Virginia)too, a taste of autumn, first time Ive been able to open windows and wear a sweater in months. Slight relief from the severe drought conditions here (always a worry on well water!). Our guests have been making the most of the cooler weather and sightseeing Washington DC, perfect weather for that. 95+ by the weekend again.. thats really too hot to traipse around... for a Scot anyway.