Best Rental Listing Sites for Ski Bookings

For topics that are specific to mountain locations, please go here.
Rosbif

Best Rental Listing Sites for Ski Bookings

Post by Rosbif »

Just wondered what site has given most enquiries/bookings for my fellow ski property owners out there?

I am currently on Holiday Lettings and I did the free booking on French Entree, but thats it for now. Did a trial on Homelidays had a few enquiries but didn't amount to anything.

Helen have you ever advertised on serrechevalier.com, I contacted them and its 100euros a year, so was thinking about it, but not sure. I can probably just about afford to do one more listing site, so just trying to decide what to go for.

RB :?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Carole, I haven't tried Serrechevalier.com, but I have got my place on skiserreche.com. It only costs 30 euros or so, and puts a link direct to your website, so it's hard to judge how successful it is, but it's cheap enough. I also did chalets direct (no good), and one called internet cottages, who also do ski chalets and apartments.This started off as free, as they use the same online booking system as my website, but I think I paid around £100 for it. I know I had one booking last winter, and also 1 summer one, but again I don't know if they booked directe using the calendar, which would show up differently on the stats. I get loads of clicks through to my website from it (Third in the list behind LMH and SnowHeads, and slightly ahead of Google).
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

RB
Here's an unusual one to try, and not discussed so far on LMH:

LaTroba

with sister sites ineurope.co.uk and antibes.co.uk

They're nice guys (Nick and David), they're clued up, they are, er, deeply eccentric, but they certainly pull in some interesting enquiries. They take a bit of getting used to, they design and input the copy and images themselves from your information - and there's a voluntary commission (it's up to you). The layout probably won't be to your taste. They're bordering on obsessive about scams and spam. Communication with them, if you can battle through the spam defences, is impeccable.

They're strong on France and Spain, and being in Switzerland we sometimes feel a bit neglected. Their search engine positioning is second to none. The customers they attract are different - difficult to explain - but they just are very different.

Give them a go - you've got nothing to lose, and based in France, everything to gain.

MG
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

MG, interesting, I might give them a look.
Martha

Post by Martha »

You can list for free on j2ski as well, I get quite a bit of traffic through them...
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Thanks all, will try those options as well and report back!

:D :D
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

MG have emailed David so will let you know how I get on!

Firebug, how did you advertise for free on J2ski, I could only see a subscription partner thing for £10 a month minimum?

RB :?
Martha

Post by Martha »

In their directory
http://www.j2ski.com/add_link.html

I get pretty steady traffic from it, hard to say about the bookings but it's all good linkage!

In other news - my listing on dmoz.org just got accepted! About a year from the request, I think. It seems to be really helping with google traffic. :D
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Thanks Firebug :D
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I think I am already listed o j2ski, but can't seem to find my property, maybe I should list mysaelf again.
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Oh Helen I just thought my sister asked about my place the other day for a friend of hers, but they wanted a separate bedroom as they have teenage kids, so maybe I can refer them on to you?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Certainly. :D
Rosbif

Post by Rosbif »

Have emailed her a link to your site, will let you know!

You have two sofabeds don't you?

Have just put a request to go on J2ski as well, looks quite an interesting site will have to have a proper look when I have more time.

MG - got an email back from David as well and they said its £80 for a page then whatever commission you want to pay! Will have a better look at it later, but might do it.

RB
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Yes,there's two sofa beds.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

RB

I signed up early last year, and don't remember paying anything, but will check and see if there's anything they'll do for LMHers. Maybe they've changed.

MG