Welcome Your Guests Gifts

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

I would like to introduce my new ecommerce site http://www.welcomeyourguests.com . It is a gift service for Vacation Rental Owners. I am also the owner of a home in SW Florida http://www.yourrotondavilla.com in my ongoing effort to provide special "extra" touches to my own rental I discovered that I could not find any service that was geared toward vacation rentals. Myself and my two daughters decided to fill a niche. I hope you enjoy the site and thank you for your time.

Vanessa
Look for the positive!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Vanessa,

Welcome to LMH! I think a site like this is a good idea -- I only wish you could ship to Europe! The tea gift looks lovely; I could use one myself!

I'd imagine you have plans for a huge selection of welcome gift options -- care to give us a hint of gift offerings to come? :)
Brooke
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Thank you for the kind words. I do have another gift bag planned featuring gourmet hot chocolate- perfect for winter rental properties!

thanks,
Vanessa
Look for the positive!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

A great idea, but my place is in Europe , it does give me an idea for next winter though.
Jaydeep

Post by Jaydeep »

Hi, I really like this idea.

I hope you do very well, as I'm sure you will. I would take this up if it covered Spain.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Great idea Vanessa, I wish you the very best of luck with it! Please feel free to contact us when you're able to either ship to Europe, or when you're offering franchise possibilities!

PS....I reserve the right to claim the franchise idea as my own. :D
Jaydeep

Post by Jaydeep »

Stu wrote:
PS....I reserve the right to claim the franchise idea as my own. :D
Why don't you just start it up in France?
Stu

Post by Stu »

Jaydeep - I have far too much to do as it is!
Jaydeep

Post by Jaydeep »

I wouldn't mind doing a similar thing for my guests.

Do you think it would work as a gift when they return home?

It's just that you can't get anything done in Fuerteventura - and if you do it's two month's later.
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Jane finds that the gifts for the kids are most appreciated - she only pays around £2 each and has a selection based on age and gender that the cleaner can put on the kids' pillows. Always gets a thank you in the visitors book. The adults get a bottle of wine.

John
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

What happened to the good, old-fashioned welcome pack, offering milk, bread and a modest, but hand selected range of local produce: eg paté, jam, olives, wine, etc etc? As a punter I would enjoy this more.

Having said that, I am sure there is a market for your idea Vanessa, and wish you well. :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Neat idea...well done!

I was actually thinking of giving a nice, cost effective gift to the person that booked next summer as a kind of 'thank you'.

GG - a friend (who's place I looked after last August) took my comments on board about her welcome pack (she'd advertised one & had only provided water, juice, milk tea & coffee - they expected more unfortunately) and did a welcome pack based on local products all wrapped up beautifully....a lovely touch - she was dismayed however when it remained untouched by her guests in September...and neither group wanted to take it with them :roll: Horses for courses I suppose.
However she's soldiering on with it next summer.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
enid

Post by enid »

I'm thinking of making the welcome pack a bit more locally focussed - I have just shrink wrapped prunes from our village into small parcels and I have walnuts ready - some pate etc in a basket with a bit of gingham in it - something like that.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Sounds just the ticket Enid!

I can't imagine your friend's September guests were typical Mousie, and I'm glad she's going to stick with it for next summer. I send a feedback form to all our guests (with SAE if UK based), in which I ask directly "welcome pack: welcome or not?"

There is always a resounding "Yes!"

More discussion here Vanessa, topic opened by our resident mouse herself!

viewtopic.php?t=4064
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Hopefully you're right GG - as she did put a lot of work into it. I suggested that perhaps it was too lovely to unwrap! (which is probably the tack I'd take...I love to just look at nicely wrapped pressies :shock: )
The Ibicencan products cover such a range (from salt, pork products, liquers - even through to aloe vera) that there should be something for everyone

My guests go straight out to shop when they arrive (if they've not done it on their journey from the airport!) so I deceided last year to no longer leave a welcome pack as such but do leave chilled drinks and snacks or a nice cake, dependent on age...so that's why I felt a little gift might go down well and maybe more welcome.

The more rural your property, the more important the pack I would imagine, hence your positive feedback GG; horses for courses :D

Mousie (still deciding)
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!