Perks for repeat bookings..

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

When did we last have a thread on welcome packs? There must be one somewhere, must go see what the received wisdom was....you've arrived at a practical compromise there LV, and oddly enough one of our guests gave us that very feedback this week.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

On your own with a baby in tow..... Wouldn't you just love to arrive at a holiday cottage to find that you didn't have to rush out to get breakfast for next morning, you could buy pizzas from the deep freeze, cold beers from the fridge? Our guests love it, but obviously they wouldn't complain if they went somewhere without because most holiday places don't provide anything much.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

margaret wrote:On your own with a baby in tow..... Wouldn't you just love to arrive at a holiday cottage to find that you didn't have to rush out to get breakfast for next morning, you could buy pizzas from the deep freeze, cold beers from the fridge? Our guests love it, but obviously they wouldn't complain if they went somewhere without because most holiday places don't provide anything much.
Well, I suppose a lot of our guests come to France because of the food and actually enjoy shopping, but as Germany isn't renowned for it's cuisine, maybe it is different for your guests.
We stayed somewhere before where there was a welcome pack and it didn't contain much of what I liked, so we had to go shopping anyway.
J&J

Post by J&J »

It's back to the definition of SELF catering! Where do you stop?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

well I totally re-thought mine this year (thanks to LMH) and went with chilled drinks inc. cava, with snacks for the younger groups and a cake for the families....so it's more of a good will gesture.
Last year the first thing guests did after unpacking was go and shop!

oddly enough - a lot of my guests were arriving later this year and after the supermarket had closed...so I offered to do shopping for them (not that I had the time :roll: ) but it was appreciated.
Like LV - I'm time poor (though I don't have little ones), so couldn't offer it as a regular service.

I never advertised the welcome pack...I never thought it to be a deal breaker so kept it as a nice surprise for arriving guests

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I used to leave just wine, but the chilled beer I leave now as well as the wine is much more appreciated after a long journey.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

viewtopic.php?t=4064&postdays=0&postord ... quote]When did we last have a thread on welcome packs? There must be one somewhere, [/quote]
here it be GG :wink:
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Pahleeese, let's not forget we are providing self catering accommodation, if some wish to provide extras and are on hand to do so then fine but if my guests want food and shopping then, sorry, they have to pay for it.
Our guests love it, but obviously they wouldn't complain if they went somewhere without because most holiday places don't provide anything much.
Speaking for most LMH members (if that's ok) I can confidently say that by and large they provide what the guest pays for i.e the accommodation and as much in the way of 'extras' that they possibly can within sensible financial limits. There are many that are happy to provide over and above if 1) They are in a position to do so and 2) If the guest would like to pay for it.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
enid

Post by enid »

In a nutshell for me Party :)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Party

Well said ... :wink: :)
kteee

Post by kteee »

I have just e-mailed Canadian clients who have booked a 2 month let with me starting next Feb - I don't yet know what time they will arrive, and bearing in mind the length of their journey, offered to leave some groceries and logs in the apartment for their arrival.

Their response was that they enjoyed doing their first grocery shop themselves 'part of the fun' but the logs might be useful and they'll confirm nearer the time.