a LMH first booking ?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
fibi

a LMH first booking ?

Post by fibi »

I have a family booked for one week end of September. As normal I asked them where they found me - their response Lay my Hat! It transpires even though they do not have a rental property they enjoy lurking in this site :lol:

They said they feel safer booking knowing I really exist....or do I...
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

well done!!
http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk
actually quite nice apartment in Gozo!
gh

Post by gh »

Excellent Fibi. 8)

Helen
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Fibi What great news thanks for sharing
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Well, then, hello to Fibi's future guests! :)

It's good to have these occasional reminders of just how public any forum is; it helps me to keep in mind that anything I post had better be something I wouldn't mind my clients seeing, even in the Members Only section.

Just chalk up another tally under the count of "Ways LMH is Useful." Congrats, Fibi!
Brooke
fibi

Post by fibi »

Exactly my thoughts Vrooje and I am pretty sure I'm not alone when I hold my hand up to a couple of postings I would prefer my guests not to see.

Still I am reassuring myself that I can't be that much of an old dragon or they wouldn't have booked :wink:
I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Well done Fibi, and thank you for the reminder ! These forums are very public even though it feels intimate and that we are chatting with friends- well, we are but with an audience :wink:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

fibi wrote:Exactly my thoughts Vrooje and I am pretty sure I'm not alone when I hold my hand up to a couple of postings I would prefer my guests not to see.

Still I am reassuring myself that I can't be that much of an old dragon or they wouldn't have booked :wink:
I like to think it means they see us as real people, wrinkles and all.

Alan
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oh Alan, I've got some of my wrinkles hidden ;-) I Hope !!
Yes, we're certainly real,it would be hard to make us up !
mon269

Post by mon269 »

Well done Fibi, really happy for you! :D

I also have a first to celebrate. A lady did a search on Google, my website came up virtually first on the list (her words), she clicked and she booked. This is my first (that I know of) direct Google booking. :wink: :D
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Terrific, Mon! Me too, thanks to e-Richard, who has worked on my website and made it much more visible to the search engines! Exciting isn't it! There are some members here who take most of their bookings via their websites so we've a bit of a way to go yet, but it's a start!! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

My last three bookings have all said 'Google Search' and have used
the online booking system.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

My last three bookings have all said 'Google Search' ...
I had a few inquiries this year that said "Google Search" in the where did you find us? box. One of them, though, actually found me via VRBO -- so they must have searched for vacation rentals, found VRBO, found my ad, clicked on my link, and inquired. Then they just said "Google Search." Hmm...
Brooke
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Borne up to some extent by looking at my webstats for that day though. There were none of the listing sites listed on them.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

That's a good way to verify it, I had never thought of that.

I've also never thought to include a click-through from LMH as a means of inquiry in my tracking system. Given Fibi's experience, maybe I should!
Brooke