New Information needed when flying to Spain

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Big Sis..

New Information needed when flying to Spain

Post by Big Sis.. »

Just received this.[Im sure most of you were aware of it]

Spanish Advance Passenger Information:

Important Information for Passengers Flying to Spain including the Canary & Balearic Islands from the UK and Ireland

From Wednesday 19th September 2007 onwards, all passengers departing on flights from the UK and the Republic of Ireland to Spain (including the Canaries and Balearic Islands) must provide in advance their Passport or Schengen Issued National ID card information to the airline. This passenger information is required because the Spanish Government have introduced new security measures requiring all airlines to provide this data.

All passengers departing from the UK or the Republic of Ireland to Spain (including the Canary and Balearic Islands) must provide this required passenger information prior to flight departure, via the below link

https://www.bookryanair.com/skylights/c ... ?module=AP

If you do not have access to the internet, please call one of our call centres prior to your date of travel to provide this information.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php ... v=call_ctr

Important –Passengers who do not provide the required passenger information will not be accepted for travel.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

I'm surprised Ryanair has only just sent this Ros, especially as it's for a couple of days time :roll:

Easyjet sent me an email way back in June. All I had to do was fill in my passport number and a couple of other details. I didn't even notice any difference at the airport when I checked in.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Ali :) ..

To be fair Ali I think they did,
but they sent this reminder today as well.

probably just to all people who are going soon,which we are.[as a reminder].

As the 19th September was the date it actually comes into force, thought Id post it in case some people arent aware.

Do you know if we have to do this every time now or will they have this stuff kept on file.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

You off again Ros? :shock: :roll: :wink:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

Hi Ros, yes it is a good idea to post just in case.

I think you only have to do it once with each airline as I've not been asked for it again from easyjet.
gpck

Post by gpck »

We're flying with Ryanair on Wednesday, and got an email last week. Filled in our details on their website - just required passport numbers.

Received the reminder email this morning, so will have to check on their website, to make sure our details registered!!!
gpck
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

With Monarch Airlines, they swipe your passport at check in, according to OH - he's flying off tomorrow so I hope he's right :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

they swipe your passport
:shock:
Hope he gets it back :lol:

Yep Kathy
Off again!! Looking forward to it...
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

:lol: :lol: :lol: