Borderline Yahoo?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Mountain Goat

Borderline Yahoo?

Post by Mountain Goat »

Would appreciate opinions on this, I can't trace the IP address until they reply.....it's from the US, in theory, but the date isn't US format, spelling dodgy, unspecific property etc.

We are writting to make enquiries, if there is
vacancy from 15th January to 2nd February 2008, we
are getting married on 10th January, 2008.

We have planned to spend our Honey moon at your
Cottage/Vacation please, kindly get back to me with
the total cost, and let me know if the total money
includes all the utility, get back to us asap....

MG
martinb

Post by martinb »

Definitely "guilty until proven innocent" in my book.

Your web site has availability and cost so why ask? This is typical of scammers usually followed by problems with payment and requests for exotic arrangements that mean you give them money!

Just could be genuine tho - proceed with caution...

Good luck!
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Same details as enquiry The Olive Grove has already posted in thread 'What do you all think of this one?'

Definitely iffy.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Mmm, yes, sorry, didn't remember the other one. I'm not getting any better at this. Here's the reply:

Thanks for getting back to me, please confirm if the total cost include all the utility, the payment will be made through a check from my client from London, the check will be send to you as soon as we are pleased with your cottage, please get back to us with the name you want on the check and your address, so that the check will be send to you asap, we hope we will enjoy our Honey moon in your place.

I've replied, saying that I'd heard that either Abuja or Lagos could be pleasant in January.

I guess time of day for in/out emails are a clue, when pretending to be in the States.

MG
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

It's their client this time, it was the solicitor handling the money in mine. I didn't reply to the second contact, and no-one has emailed again to ask why? :roll:
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

What a pity you didn't accept this booking.

Their client/solicitor/accountant would surely have sent you a check (or cheque) for much more than the booking and you would become rich beyond your wildest dreams :wink: