Pdf readers

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
la vache!

Pdf readers

Post by la vache! »

I've just been cleaning up my laptop to make it run a bit faster and discovered that the pdf reader program Adobe Reader was taking up a whopping 396Mo of space :shock: . So I deleted it and downloaded Foxit instead, which uses around 2Mo. I just thought it might be worth mentioning as it is an excellent alternative, much quicker that Adobe. And my laptop is working much faster.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Adobe Reader really slows thing down sometimes. Might give it a try.
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

I use Foxit, which I like a lot. I've got rid of Acrobat Reader which is unnecessarily bloated, and it's a relief to not be plagued by update messages.

I also use PrimoPDF to convert files to PDFs - such as my booking form and directions instructions.

Both are free downloads.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I know this has been covered before, but how do you put pdf files on websites?
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I just upload and link to the PDF files. When the user clicks on the link, it will open the PDF file in their browser if they have their settings configured that way. If not, it will either open the file in a new window or ask them to save the file.

Is there a more complicated way? This way has always worked for me.
Brooke
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thanks Brooke, I can manage that!