What do we think of this?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Windy

What do we think of this?

Post by Windy »

Requested dates : from 11/11/2007 to 24/11/2007
1 adults - 0 child(ren)

my name is ******* 28yrs old female and my orientation is straight, wellbehaved and well understanding, I am a colored south african (mixed race), I saw your advert that's why i decided to contact you in regard's to your place, but i am presently in south africa (Kwa-Zulu natal province) I work as accountant in a law firm, and hopefully will be on two weeks trip to the UK for my annual Holday's and i will be needing a place to stay, i can make the payments as soon as possible to show how intrested i am....., I will so much apreciate it if you can get back to me as soon as you get my mail also provide me with the details of the rent (monthly + deposit if reqiured), Thanks very much, hope to hear from you...! Regards C****** C******

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**** WARNING !! ****

When you respond to this email, the email address of the renter *********@yahoo.com
must appear in the "to" field.

If contact-owners@homelidays.com which appears instead of the renter's email address, then copy / paste the address of the renter ***********@yahoo.com in the "to" field.

Spam or No Spam?

J
Windy

Post by Windy »

I'll answer my own question

Just noticed that the first name I blocked out is Melisa but she signs off as Cassandra.

You'd think they'd try a bit harder
Windy

Post by Windy »

Well I thought she deserved a reply so i sent this
Hi Casadrana

Thank you for your enquiry.

Before we can process your booking we need to validate your enquiry. Would you please email a photograph of yourself holding your Kwa-Zulu drivers licence with your left hand and touching your left ankle with your right hand. Behind you, but clearly visible should be a hand written sign saying "Gordon Brown - You should be ashamed of yourself"

(Sorry to insist but there are some naughty people about, and asking for an unusual picture is the only way we can make sure that you are bona fide)

Once you have sent the photo we will send our bank details for you to transfer the full balance and deposit into (minus our special discount for straight and well behaved people like you)

We look forward to receiving your response and are holding those dates reserved for the next three days for you.

Best wishes to you Melisa

Dave Cameron
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

I had this one too, and immediately thought "scam". Just the way it's written., really and the fact it comes from melissa and signs off cassandra.

So I did reply, but a very basic reply:

just, yes, we have the dates and the price is xyz.

Just waiting for the reply of 'can we send you a cheque for x million' and you cash your bit and send me the rest.

I did wonder about posting it here, but now I KNOW it's a scam. Funny how the radar works. You just KNOW!!

Love your reply though!
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......