Seagate Consults Agency

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Italian Fever

Seagate Consults Agency

Post by Italian Fever »

Had this enquiry through medvilla.eu :
Dear Sir/Madam, I wish to inquire of the availability of your property/apartment for four persons(two couples) for vacation purposes,the current state of the property as well as the renting terms as well.Do get back on this immediately.The dates of rentage is for one month starting from the November 20th. Regards, John Michaels. Seagate Consults Agency. 270 Oxford street. London +447031956559
Definite alarm bells regarding the following:
  • Seagate Consults Agency is not registered with UK Companies House.
  • Numbers beginning 070 look like UK mobile phone numbers but are not. They can be acquired by anyone and are often used in scams.
  • 270 Oxford Street is actually the address of Morgan Clothing
..and to a lesser extent regarding these points:
  • The enquirer clearly hasn't looked at my rental listing. It is a villa yet they generically state 'property/apartment'
  • My availability calendar doesn't go past the end of October as we don't have heating so the place is unsuitable
  • The wording and syntax are not entirely consistent with someone living in England with an English name like "John Michaels".
One to steer clear of 8)
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

Yep - I've had that one too - I'm also very suspicious.