has Spring sprung with you?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
tansy

Post by tansy »

8) sunnies needed here...tints of green in the hedgerows...crows very busy building nests VERY high up - now that is a very good sign for a good summer.

What is it like with you?
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

It's warming up nicely - just finished winter and is now 24F at midday 8)
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
enid

Post by enid »

Just had two lovely sunny days - fruit trees in bud, bulbs starting to rise up and that incredible bi-annual sight ( and sound) of the cranes flying over.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Is the winter over? I do hope so, it seems to have been a long and dismal one this year. From my childhood I seem to remember a little rhyme for this time of year.

"The spring is sprung, the grass is rizz, I wonder where the boidies is.
Some say the boide is on the wing, but that's absoide. The wing is on the boide."
centime

Post by centime »

The hedgerows are full of purple vetch, bladder campion, poppies and the fields awash with yellow cowslips to keep the bees busy, not to mention the beautiful dark turquoise sky tonight with the crescent moon, spring is definitely here, just a sweat shirt to go out with, not like a couple of weeks ago when we were looking for the scarf and wanting to spend longer in bed as it was nippy in the mornings. The work seems to have picked up too, more bookings and more little refurbishing jobs to keep us going. :lol:
Lisbon the lovely, Lisbon the fair, never to have seen her is to miss something rare!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Lovely and sunny in SW France at the moment, it got up to 16c yesterday and hopefully will be getting warmer from now on. We usually open up the pool in the next few weeks, maybe we will be able to- it wasn't looking likely 2 weeks ago! 8)

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I was in london for the weekend, seemed fairly chilly there still but when I got the train back up to the North East still seeing snow on them thar hills... I guess we'll have to wait a little longer for Spring here weatherwise. My crocuses and bulbs where my little cat is buried are pushing thru so some optimism there in the garden.

I'm just thrilled the last few weeks to be able to go out in the morning (just after 7 am) for the bus in broad daylight. Those months Nov - Jan standing there in what felt like the middle of the night were awful!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oh- I think yesterday Monsieur Sun was just teasing!!!Today it has been 24 C. Yippee!!!! The banana's new growth was all nipped in the bud by the frost though so I'm not sure if we'll have a lovely banana tree this year :cry:
www.thepetitmanoir
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

I think we are having the worst winter months in years here on the Costa del Sol :? It´s really cloudy and the sun only appears sporadically! :? I was in Barcelona yesterday and even though it´s much further north, it was the first time in days that I got to wear my sunglasses 8)
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

At last, Yes! After a sluggish start on Monday, the sun has returned. A couple of clouds high up overhead every now and then, but today was glorious - 19C and brilliant sunshine throughout the day. It's not hot yet, but the UV index is already creeping up - 7 by the end of the week. That's the sign that winter is gone and done with!
Malta – always in the sunshine!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Seems a bit warmer here in the frozen north - I'm thinking of swapping to my summer duffle coat shortly! :)

I know it's hard to believe - a Geordie who wears a coat.....
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Yippy Yay!!! Up to 27 yesterday!!! :-) 8) There seems no new growth from around the banana though! I think the winter did for it!! Arum lilies the same-twice they popped their heads up and twice the frost got them!

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Yippy Yay!!! Up to 27 yesterday!!!
Hi Fraise

Are you sure your temperature readings are correct??? I can't believe that it´s so much warmer in France than in the south of Spain! It´s around 18 degrees today but no sun in sight :(

Linda
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Linda,

I live a little South of and more inland than Fraise.

My max/min thermometer is showing a high of 29 C in the shade so far this year.

Alan
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Linda Freese wrote:
Yippy Yay!!! Up to 27 yesterday!!!
Hi Fraise

Are you sure your temperature readings are correct??? I can't believe that it´s so much warmer in France than in the south of Spain! It´s around 18 degrees today but no sun in sight :(

Linda
Hi, yes, sorry, it is right! 8) This is in the shade and I have 2 thermometers!The car temp read 32C but that had been sat in the sun for a few hours!Coo, it's lovely to have the sun back with a vengeance.We are situated on the Gironde Estuary and do benefit from our little micro- climate altho Alan has obviously had similar temps. :D
www.thepetitmanoir.com
ps- we have friends in Bordeaux and they often have cooler weather than us, they can't believe it when they come to visit! Guess the micro- climate makes the difference.