New Year

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
enid

New Year

Post by enid »

For the past four years we have celebrated New Year at our local village hall but this year the event isn't being run (prices have risen too much for this not very rich village). I would like to take Kevin away somewhere but he is in Israel on the 29th and 30th of December so we couldn't leave until the 31st. Anyone any suggestions
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

If you can get to North Northumberland in time you are welcome! Fireworks at midnight lit by a guy with a kilt who usually gives the crowd a "moon". We have a walk on the beach New Years day. (nearest airports Newcastle or Edinburgh)
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Clearly long haul is out, or I would have suggested Thailand where we spent a magical New year's Eve last year. We have had some lovely times in Nerja at New Year though, so that could be worth considering.
There is a firework display on the Balcon followed by music and dancing in the street. The restaurants all give out bags of grapes for good luck which have to be eaten whole, while the chimes sound at midnight.
There's a lovely atmosphere around the place and it's not usually too cold!
enid

Post by enid »

Thanks Sue and BW - but I have decided on Rome. I was going to take K there after his birthday in November but we are going to Prague as he is speaking at a conference there. We can fly to Rome from Paris so I can meet him from his Israeli flight in Paris.

Now I am looking for an apartment. Owner's Direct has several - by the way i found this site great to use as a punter! I have had a reply already of availability on one apartment - but should I be concerned as on their availability calendar not one day is booked and they last updated it in June!!! ?
Jaydeep

Post by Jaydeep »

enid wrote:Thanks Sue and BW - but I have decided on Rome. I was going to take K there after his birthday in November but we are going to Prague as he is speaking at a conference there. We can fly to Rome from Paris so I can meet him from his Israeli flight in Paris.

Now I am looking for an apartment. Owner's Direct has several - by the way i found this site great to use as a punter! I have had a reply already of availability on one apartment - but should I be concerned as on their availability calendar not one day is booked and they last updated it in June!!! ?
There was a member on here a couple of days ago who had a new apartment in Rome. The username began with d (sorry, not much help) and they were asking about the best sites to advertise on in the Rental Websites section.

Maybe you can pm them to see if theirs is free?
enid

Post by enid »

Thanks I've spoken to her - too large for the 2 of us but looks lovely. We found an apartment through Owner's Direct - have to add that I found their site very easy to use from the other side of the fence! :)