Busman's Holiday..

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Sue Dyer

Busman's Holiday..

Post by Sue Dyer »

Okay, so where do the holiday rental guys go on holiday? Do you go off season to keep thing running? I do our changeovers/laundry but my kind sis steps in May/June when we like to get away.

Where is on the holiday map for you guys this year?
tansy

Post by tansy »

we're off very shortly for our first holiday in 5 years....all we've done since living in France is do houses up! Finishing our 4th this week! We need a holiday big time!

So us & the 3 dogs are on a boating holiday in The Carmague on the canal that runs parallel with the med.

The 2 jacks are bright as buttons but our toy poodle is a bit dim and clumsy...Rudi will have to wear a life jacket!

Rudi & Monty both rescue - Rudi given to us as his previous owner a lorry driver was leaving him on his own for up to 18 hours as day - has anxiety if I even go out the room!

Monty I found at the side of the road at death door - the vet said one more night he would have been a goner...so here we are with our English Jack & 2 French dogs...everyone finds it hilarious my bi-lingual commands!

We have a house sitter for the 3 cats - 1 burmese -English - the other 2 I've found as kittens, one in a hedge the other on a roundabout!...Blocked of the houses as available - so for us it will be early May or possibly February when we get more in a routine & then rent a house somewhere warm!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

We have not had a holiday in 5 years, But in June we have a guest in for the whole month, ye hay!! so we will sail around Corsica, Elba, and Sardinia.......can't wait.
Cheers
PC
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Sue,

According to most of my friends and visitors I am on permanent holiday because of where I live and because of the quality of life I enjoy. They are right of course but it is still nice to have a break from time to time.

Joan and I regularly take a few days off and go to the French Atlantic coast or the Spanish Mediteranean coast. With our lettings, we are tied here is season so normally prefer Spring or Autumn.

Alan
paolo

Post by paolo »

I'm skiing in Switzerland right now - the weather is stunning, the air is clean, in fact I am not so much skiing as messing about in the snow ands sun with the kids. Internet connection leaves something to be desired, hence my absence from the forum.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

sounds great everyone!

Paolo - you should try snowshoes. I hated skiing but totally loved snowshoe walking, you can see much more, go thru forests etc or I used to get the ski lift up and just walk down the side of the piste.

Paul - my hub keeps talking longingly about Corsica, he was in Bastia years ago when Newcastle played a match there - one day!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Sue if you like a bit of walking google "GR20" If you want to come to Corsica give me a shout with what you want out of a holiday and I will do my best to point in the right direction
Cheers
PC
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

thanks for that Paul - it looks awesome, thanks for the offer of info too :)

Don't mind a bit walking but not as fanatical as my hub. We're spending some time in Yosemite in June doing some hiking. We're having a few days in Vegas as well to keep me happy!!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi.Well,we live in Uk and France but when we "officially " go on holiday it's usually to Spain or somewhere else in France,or maybe a few days somewhere else in Europe but we have to fly from or via the UK cos they have the cheapest flights! ( On my recent trip to Rome I flew to Stansted then onto Rome rather than France- Italy direct- it was soooo much cheaper).

www.thepetitmanoir.com
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Well, we were just on holiday in Florida, but that's mainly because we didn't get enough of Disney World on our last trip there and my in-laws live a few hours' drive south of Orlando. Next year, we're looking to do something tropical like St. Thomas, or if we can afford it, somewhere really exotic like Fiji or Tahiti.

Hubby and I love the tropical locales even though we're both as Irish as they come and have to basically wear coats of armor to keep from getting burnt to a crisp in the sun!
Brooke
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

We've just started to have holidays again after 5 years without any and it's fab. We're tied to two weeks in January because, as well as two cottages, we run a shop in the Lake District which is busy most of the year.

As we're very keen on mountain walking and sporty activities, the downside is that we're a bit restricted as to where we can go for two weeks to get a good holiday in January without travelling too far. But the big, big advantage is that we've discovered an area of the world we would never have dreamt of as a walkers' paradise ..... the Canary Islands.

I always thought it was Brits, booze and beaches. Boy, was I wrong. So far we've been to Tenerife and La Gomera and have been overwhelmed by the fantastic walking and climate. A varied landscape, temperatures in the high 20's, superb walking, excellent wine and food. Just what we're looking for. And a boost of sunshine in January really sets us up for the year.

Next year we're thinking of a walking or cycling holiday on La Palma. Any advice/info/recommendations?