I can usually smell a rat, but...

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
e-richard

I can usually smell a rat, but...

Post by e-richard »

What could this mean:
Name: Ravxx
Email Address: rxxx.yyy@yahoo.com
Phone: 657890344
Arrival Date:
Departure Date:
Number of Adults:
Number of children:
Message: Are there any problems with the water, heating or electricity that I should be aware of?
Note the absence of arrival/departure dates and where is that phone number ?

p.s. This enquiry came from a Listing site that I gave up on, but they still have my details listed for free.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Christian plumber and electrician conference???
Cheers
PC
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I 'think' thats a spanish mobile

And if he comes from Spain he might just be asking if there IS any water/electric/heating, does it trip a lot, does the water get turned off a lot :lol:
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Thanks Roxy. Everything you say makes sense, but why ask when they haven't made any proper enquiry (dates in particular) ?

Oddly enough, a half hour later I got a "newsletter" from the listing site concerned warning all advertisers about possible scams:
Valued Customers,

We would like to make you aware that all of the rental properties on Rents4vacations.com have been receiving the same rental inquiry, which seems very suspicous. Just a reminder that you can never be too careful when dealing with prospective renters. If a prospective renter is proposing unusual payment arrangements or wants your confidential financial information, you should be very wary. For further tips on how to avoid fraud, check out www.fraud.org. If you have any other questions, please let us know.
I think I was right to be suspicious, but on reflection, in this particular case, I suspect that they were simply harvesting email addresses.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Windy

Post by Windy »

Christian plumber and electrician conference???
ROFL

ER - I'd be tempted to ignore it