Toddler Friendly Accomodation!!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Big Sis..

Toddler Friendly Accomodation!!

Post by Big Sis.. »

'Totting up the cash'
Making your property child-friendly could extend the holiday rental season........

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l ... 923793.ece
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

A former primary-school teacher with two small children, she was inspired to set up the company last year after a family holiday in France during which her son, Barnaby, then two, fell into an ungated pool and had to be rescued by Rob.
I thought all swimming pools in Frech rented accommodation had to be fenced off or have alarms? Spain I could understand.

Having said that; we are in the enviable position of being 'toddler friendly' - sadly tho' it has only gained one booking outside the peak season. So far it's not been worth it in our market.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We were approached by holidaytots.co.uk and were inspected and listed by them. So far it has produced nothing, but they only got started late summer so we didn't expect anything much in the autumn. It doesn't cost anything, we just pay them a commission if they bring us any bookings.
We have cots and high chairs, baby toys and other baby equipment and offer a buying service for nappies, food etc. if needed.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Margaret,

Perhaps this article will help get them more exposure..
which might help with enquiries/bookings.
Ju

Post by Ju »

I can see why they are trying to break into the market - but it is not a new market. There are plenty of us who have been catering to this market for years.

I personally won't be joining as I don't like any control being taken out of my hand. Our customers deal with us and only us.
margaret wrote:It doesn't cost anything, we just pay them a commission if they bring us any bookings.
Which could end up costing more than a normal advert would cost.

I suppose the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I will watch this thread closly to see if people are getting any interest through this site.

I did think the article in the times had some bad advice though - anyone who has ever canoed down the Dordogne river would know that to do so with a toddler would be hazardous to say the least!