Bloody Computer lost my Outlook data

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Chianti

Bloody Computer lost my Outlook data

Post by Chianti »

Why on God's earth can something be fine 1 day and gone the next without having changed anything?

Recently I've been using the outlook icon in my lower tool bar instead of the one on my screen, don't know if this has anything to do with the problem. This morning I clicked on it, opened outlook, but it wouldn't send/receive. Then it started asking me to name a new user or some such.

I got onto the server and they said that it was running fine, my account details were still there. I opened a new account, I think, repeating all of the same info and I've lost all of my emails.

The server can return them from their hard drive I think, but I can return my computer to it's status yesterday, which I believe will do the same thing, but can't find the area to do this.

Added It is profile name it's been asking me for and it still is. Da_n computer or should I say Bill Gates :!:

Help please

Added 19/12 It's all sorted thanks to an angel

Chianti
Last edited by Chianti on Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Bizarre. I had exactly the same problem this morning. I just rebooted and everything was fine!
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Margaret

So did I but it didn't help. I wonder if it has something to do with the weather.

Added I've just heard back from my server who says that they will be stored locally, which I take to mean my computer.

Help please

Chianti