Bed and breakfast forms

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
saramar

Bed and breakfast forms

Post by saramar »

Hello there,
We are just setting up our bed and breakfast and getting ready to open (hopefully in the next month) but could anyone advise us if we need signs displaying the prices of the rooms on the back of the bedroom doors. If so, where do we buy them from or can we make our own! Also are there any other notices or forms we may need - it all seems quite complicated at the moment and we just want to get things right!
Many thanks
Sarah and Mark
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Sorry I am unable to help you as I do not know the laws in Italy.

Here in France I need to have the rates in the room and also at the gate or entrance to the house. The ones in the room we use a stand up photo frame and the one outstand i make my own and laminate them so i have no problem if it rains
Nessie
rana

Post by rana »

The laws for the B&Bs vary from region to region. It doesn't seem that you need signs displaying the prices of the rooms on the back of the bedroom doors in the Marche region.
I suppose that you have already checked this site: http://www.turismo.marche.it/it/it/osse ... akfast.asp
Also, the regional law can be found here:
http://www.regione.marche.it/bur/01/ESP ... ggi/8.html
You must inform the comune about the prices, but nothing is said about signs in the bedrooms. It is therefore not compulsory... until the next law!
saramar

Post by saramar »

Thankyou Nessie for your suggestions and Rana for the links - just need to improve my Italian a little before I understand the web site fully! Good to here there are no specific regulations about this - like you say - until the next law comes along!!
Thanks
Sarah
vallenuova

Post by vallenuova »

Hi Sandra and Mark,
what I'm sure about is that, after communicating to the "Comune" that you're opening you should also communicate them your opening times and prices, whether you then have to display the prices or not I don't know (we do for Agriturismo in Le Marche and I guess that it will be the same, but for example we keep the prices sheet with the "rules of the house" paper and not on the door).
Feel free to contact me for any specific language issue or anything else you think I may help with!
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

I don't have a B&B...so no clue about anthing official ;-) but...if it means anything, I KNOW our local B&B in town does not post rates, etc.

Don't be nervous about the language either, by the way...anytime I walk into the Comune offices with a confused look, they are very helpful (!) I actually, get the feeling sometimes that they are MORE helpful because my Italian is so horrendous still and they feel they have to go out of their way to explain things very throughly and simply :-)!
vallenuova

Post by vallenuova »

Musetta, B&B regulations (as Agriturismo) are Regional, so unluckily your experience is not necessarily useful in Le Marche... :(
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

very ture. i understand that.
guess I was not clear...my POINT was that they can be surprisingly helpful when you walk into a Comune office clueless ;-) (or not, I guess - obviously would depend on the comune and who's working there) - should have said that that would just be my first stop to help me figure things out :-) also...my point #2 was that althouygh it is required in SOME places, it seems to not be in all :-)