Ryanair bookings and web check-in planned downtime

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
J&J

Ryanair bookings and web check-in planned downtime

Post by J&J »

The Ryanair booking engine and web check-in facility will be down from 21st to 25th Feb. With all passengers having to check-in at airport desks this is bound to cause extra delays at airports. Advise your guests to allow extra time. Details at:

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/notices. ... overnsk-GB

Titch.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Judith & James
Apartment in Dinard, Brittany.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Not sure about guests, but it is certainly worthwhile to know for my OH who is flying Ryanair next weekend. Ryanair have not notified us of this and he always does the web check in. Thanks T and J.
J&J

Post by J&J »

Judith's flying out Monday 25th so it will affect her too. I only found out about when looking to book more flights on the RA site and saw the small print (very small) on the home page. It will probably be chaotic at Stansted ! Not being able to take any bookings for four days will cost them dearly - let's hope the new booking software is worth it.
Judith & James
Marg

Post by Marg »

Ryanair are finally being made to show all the taxes included in the flight price that they advertise - be interesting to see their prices now.
I'd really like to know what Gordon Brown has done with all the 'environment tax' money that has been collected over the last year
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Marg wrote:I'd really like to know what Gordon Brown has done with all the 'environment tax' money that has been collected over the last year
What makes you think any of it actually went to Gordon Brown ?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Marg

Post by Marg »

He was chancellor of the exchequer at the time - Gordon Brown = Labour government
J&J

Post by J&J »

Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that their site is back up and running (well maybe running isn't quite the right word). The even better news is that they've got loads of flights at 1p each way including taxes - yes really - as long as you travel on a Tuesday or Wednesday. The even even better news is that you can now web-checkin up to five days in advance.

The bad news is that the site is running so slow that the battery runs out on my laptop before the page refreshes so it isn't possible to benefit from any of these wonderful things.

I've spent all evening trying to do a web checkin and after three hours I've managed to print two and am still waiting for the third one.
Judith & James
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Booking engine is running at a snails pace, I haven't even got it to load past the first page yet. I have potential guests trying to book a flight. I think I will lose the booking if they're trying to book Ryanair which is likely. I may suggest they try Sleazy from Luton to Turin instead.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Going back to Gordon's tax, what happens if you don't pay it? Up to now I've always paid it, but it seems to be going up all the time and so this last booking I didn't. I've never been sure if it was voluntary or not - and like others, I'd like to know what happens to it.

TC
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'