wonderful guests

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Still not convinced LV. What if the guest really stayed and you withheld their damage deposit because they'd spent the week stubbing out their fags on your shower curtains. They criticise your show, you respond by denying their allegations. Both are published side by side. A punter clicks on your listing and thinks 'O-er, no smoke without fire' and moves on. Could happen.

Jim
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Jimbo wrote:Still not convinced LV. What if the guest really stayed and you withheld their damage deposit because they'd spent the week stubbing out their fags on your shower curtains. They criticise your show, you respond by denying their allegations. Both are published side by side. A punter clicks on your listing and thinks 'O-er, no smoke without fire' and moves on. Could happen.

Jim
Yes, that would be bad (if I had shower curtains) but so far I have been referring to fake reviews as that is what Margaret brought up in this thread originally.
After the horror of the bogus reviews
Last edited by la vache! on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

LV, no shower curtains? No wonder you're getting lousy reviews!

Jim
olive

Post by olive »

Glass wins over plastic.
Wet rooms win over glass.
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Another take on "negative" reviews (as opposed to fake ones).

With our B&B we're on a couple of sites where guests can leave their opinion (eg www.coast2coast.co.uk) and we've also got 3 reviews on tripadvisor (which I'd never heard of until I read about it on LMH - thank you folks :wink:).

Our reviews are generally positive, but, being a perverse sort of bod, I actually welcome the odd bit of negative comment as I think it gives a more balanced view than loads of comments about how brilliant the place is.

We can't please everyone and the occasional negative comment hopefully stops people arriving with over the top expectations. I'd rather they expected 80% and we delivered 100% than they expected 100% and we delivered that or even 99% ... if you get my drift.

We've got someone coming to stay next week and he told us over the phone when he booked that he's coming because of all the positive comments on the internet. I'm now worried that we'll not meet his expectations .... and trying to find a friendly way of grilling him so that I can find out where he read these reviews :) .