Owners behaving as guests

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
J&J

Owners behaving as guests

Post by J&J »

Tomorrow we are off to stay in our apartment in Dinard for the first time as real holidaymakers and not as gite owners. It will be funny being just up the road from our old properties. Although we have no regrets in having sold, we will always have a soft spot for the area and are glad we have kept a place to visit. I'll just have to stop myself straightening the bed linen and hoovering the floors every five minutes.

Judith
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Judith & James
Apartment in Dinard, Brittany.
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Hope you've had a good holiday .. and not a busman's holiday. It will interesting to hear what your experience was like.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Judith,

Joan has set her heart on selling up and living by the sea. She has targeted the Rance River valley between Dinard and Dinan as her ideal location. Please do post your experiences.

Alan
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Judith,

You have an apartment in Dinard?! I am SO jealous! I love that place so much! I'm also a big fan of thalassotherapy so I've gone several times for weekends of mud baths, fish dinners and long walks along the shore. But alas, I could not afford to buy there too! (it's still on my wish list...)

If you ever want to swap it for Paris, let me know! :D

It's great that you kept your pied à terre there. Have a great holiday! Or, I guess at this stage, hope you had a great holiday...
Lounging on the lily pad...
J&J

Post by J&J »

We had a lovely holiday, thank you, while still tying up a few loose ends from the gite business. The strangest thing was not having to hurry back when out to tidy up the pool area and bring in the garden cushions. I don't think we realised what a 24 hour commitment it is when you live on site.
As far as the apartment went, although we resented it a bit last year when other people were using it, we were glad we had gone for top of the range fittings, furniture and appliances as we are now the ones getting the benefit from them ourselves. We would have been cross if we had needed to equip it all over again.
Alan - Joan is right, it is a lovely area. We like the Dinard/St. Malo side of the estuary but it is more expensive than going further west. What was nice was that all the restaurants were open in Dinard, and there were various concerts and exhibitions in full swing. Plus the usual walks by the sea. Highly recommended!

Judith
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Judith & James
Apartment in Dinard, Brittany.