Has everybody gone to watch the match?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
reddevil

Has everybody gone to watch the match?

Post by reddevil »

Where has everybody been these last few days - the weather must be shining where you guys are, or you have all gone to watch the big game?
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
charles

Post by charles »

do you mean the snooker ? 8)

I know, I'll get my coat..

Charles

Post by paolo »

The weather is absolutely corking in Kingston today, the sort of spring day that makes you wonder why you would ever want to go abroad - also the sort of day that happens about twice a year here. So I have been to Richmond Park and the playground today, where my 1-year-old has been hurling himself down the big slide with great hilarity. Didn't see any other Lay My Hatters there though.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I'm sitting in an internet cafe in very wet cardiff killing time whilst the Newcastle v some other team match is on. My friend has travelled over from L.A for this match but on Ncle's recent form I fear the worst :cry:
tansy

Post by tansy »

errrr...what match? The one on in the background where the chewing gum mad manager yells obsenities every now & then?

Husband is asleep in front of the TV (daren't change channels as he IS watching you know!!) - the dogs are polishing off bones & I'm about to do more washing for a change!!
tansy

Post by tansy »

Sorry Soodyer - only just connected why you were in Cardiff...in the rain as well...just seen the results as well...oh dear :cry:

I do lead a sheltered life...so sorry Iwas thick earlier

:oops:
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

oh ladies, ladies (and charles),

I know women are difficult to understand but when they say "what match" and "some other team", then I am completely flummuxed :roll:

What would you ladies say if we yawned the same way at the thought of spending 1.1/2 hours looking for a dress??
tansy

Post by tansy »

Be careful here red devil - these so called super stars that kick a ball around now spend more time AND money in the beauty parlour than us girls do - they make us out to be complete amateurs...and some of them are known to wear the odd frock, never mind hair bands and pretty things in their flowing locks :lol:
paolo

Post by paolo »

Top marks to Sue for dedication to Lay My Hat. She went to Cardiff for the FA Cup semi-final and still found time to post on the forum! :D

Sorry it didn't bring you any luck in the game (my team won). :cry:
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

What with Lisbon and Cardiff it's not been a good week for "the Toon".

All over the world adopted Geordies are in deep mourning.

Imagine how real Geordies (those born within the boundaries of the City & County of Newcastle upon Tyne) must feel!
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Tansy - yeh, you are right, although David Beckham is a bit of a girlie anyway (probably I'm just jealous of his looks and money - but not his voice - haha) and enjoys wearing Posh's thongs :oops: .

Paolo - I just knew you were a cool guy who makes great choices!
charles

Post by charles »

The weather is absolutely corking in Kingston today,
Thanks Paolo, now it's raining in Wimbledon and I presume in your neck of the woods too..! :roll: :wink:

Charles

Post by John Borg »

What match....?! What would this world be without football? No scandals for the media to harp on about, no managers earning 5 million a year to throw tantrums, financial managers would be unable to find jobs handling the pittance some of the more renowned footballers making....!
Seriously, it's the worlds favourite pastime and second to none, so I'm not the only fool addicted to this small round piece of leather kiched around a rectangular arena by 22 overpaid players, cheered on by thousands. :!:
Malta – always in the sunshine!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I confess... being an American, I know very little about football (or soccer as we call it here). But I find it very easy to watch an American Football match! :)

Cricket, now, don't get me started. I think I may actually know the rules pretty well by now, but most people from the US are just baffled by cricket.

But I think it's more fun to play... it's a gorgeous day here too and I was just out in it playing softball for a few hours. Got really dirty and I'll be sore tomorrow, and what great fun!
Brooke
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

paolo wrote:Top marks to Sue for dedication to Lay My Hat. She went to Cardiff for the FA Cup semi-final and still found time to post on the forum! :D
Ah, I didn't have a match ticket, the guys went off to do their guy/football stuff at 11 a.m, killing 5 hours alone in very rainy Cardiff is very difficult so an internet cafe seemed a good (and dry)waste of time. There doesn't even seem much point shopping as every city centre now is an exact clone with the chain stores, chain restaurants and even chain pubs.... Still, match score aside we had a great weekend. And yes, re true Geordies, I saw lots of grown men nearly cry today :cry: