What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
jimadept

Post by jimadept »

Red Devil that sounds about exactly the era I would be revisiting regularly :P

I wasn't on the stage I was behind it, selling tickets, doing hospitality, roadying and hanging out with the likes of The Alarm and Echo and the Bunnymen.

Unfortunately the fact that bookmakers have always turned a profit is evidence enough IMO that time travel does not and probably never will exist.

*sigh*

Jim
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Take a trip to the moon.... :D
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

take a trip to the moon...

We should get together and market that as a good rental location, uncrowded, quiet, different holiday location.... no atmosphere though :lol:
paolo

Post by paolo »

soodyer wrote: no atmosphere though
:lol:

That's better than your Geordie jokes!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

And that was quite funny, too -- a joke about a joke.

Or maybe I'm just drunk.

:)

Anyway, I hear that McDonald's has secured advertising rights to the Moon, so as soon as they invent powerful enough laser technology we'll all be viewing silvery arches every night when we look up at the moon.
Brooke
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

If McDonalds have the rights already then my kids will hope that they get a piece of the moon free with the kiddies chicken nuggets meals?
--------------------------------------------------
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

paolo wrote:
soodyer wrote: no atmosphere though
:lol:

That's better than your Geordie jokes!
Ha!!!! You Southerners have just got nee sense of humour :D I particularly didn't explain them to show how baffling our lingo is... I planned to offer a translation service eventually if someone else didn't explain... :)

My L.A friend who was here for the F.A semi final was baffled. We usually speak slowly with no slang for him. Being amongst hundreds of Geordies all speaking fast and in slang left him rather bewlidered... My hub was translating the footie songs for him too...
kismet

Post by kismet »

Convince Richard & Judy to RETIRE?

(with apologies to all R & J fans :wink: )
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

I would just love to click back to the time when I was in a rock band playing my bass guitar with hundreds of baying fans clamouring for my autograph......
Makes you sound like Tony Blair ... and Red Devil is probably an appropriate name :lol:

Me, I like things with an element of risk so I expect to do my fair share of failing/not getting things quite right on the principle that otherwise you've never tried. So what would I love to do ...

1. Become an above average fell runner. At the mo I'm definitely at the social end of fell running. More enthusiasm than ability/never do any good but have a bloody good time. So do I really want to be above average....

2. Have the courage to pack my rucksack and travel with no definite timescale and destination. There's a lot of the world to see ... and I could call in at a few holiday cottages/apartments/villas/condos en route.

3. Find more time to spend with old friends and family. How come as you get older, you seem to have less and less time to spend with those you would really like to?

4. Oh yes, and lose about 8 lbs/4 kilos.....
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

....well nobody has likened me to Tony Blair before....although I would enjoy all that Power!!!

.....and I see there is yet another vote for this weight loss thingy - but my gut feeling is that I don't think this will be Christine's first choice - my bet is that her ONE choice would be her No.2??

You ladies should visit the middle east where all those rich sheiks prefer ladies who are slightly overweight (did I put that diplomatically?) :lol:
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Quote: You ladies should visit the middle east where all those rich sheiks prefer ladies who are slightly overweight (did I put that diplomatically?)

Women and their weight, there's never a dipolmatic answer. Friend of mine who is a stand up say's: "When my girlfriend say's "do I look fat in this?" - that's not a question, that's an argument" :)

How do I get this quote thing to work. I highlight the bit I want and click "quote" but I get the whole thing. Clicking the quote button pasting that bit in then clicking quote again seems to have mixed results... sorry for being thick :?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Sue,
How do I get this quote thing to work.
You have a number of options.

One is to copy and paste the paragraph, edit the paragraph, highlight the edited paragraph and click the quote button. In fact you can do your editing before or after applying the quote instructions.

Another is, manually type the opening and closing instructions surrounding the text you wish to quote. This is particularly useful if you are preparing your posting in a separate text editor, e.g. MS Word. You can take the same approach for bold, itallics and underline.

Play with it a bit and all will become clear.

Alan
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

One is to copy and paste the paragraph, edit the paragraph, highlight the edited paragraph and click the quote button. In fact you can do your editing before or after applying the quote instructions.
Aha, that's how it is done - thanks for asking and answering!!!
I am so clever!
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

One is to copy and paste the paragraph, edit the paragraph, highlight the edited paragraph and click the quote button. In fact you can do your editing before or after applying the quote instructions. These instructions may be esepcially helpful for reddevil - hehe
In fact you can even add to what the other person said!!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

reddevil wrote:Vrooje is the bestest ever! She like, totally rulez 4ever and I want 2 be just like her!
Or, you can make something up entirely!
Brooke