Local Authority regulations for letting?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
j.k.shepherd

Local Authority regulations for letting?

Post by j.k.shepherd »

My, and no doubt your own, insurance policy wording requires that we comply with the above, and with any statutory conditions regarding the letting of property. Can anyone out there tell me what these regulations and statutory conditions are for properties in France? Failing that, maybe you can just point me in the right direction. I tried asking the Tourism Office but they didn't respond. Any help much appreciated. Thanks,
James
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

How about the Mairie?

It's a shame Paul is away right now, as he's normally in your area and might know more about this.
Brooke
tansy

Post by tansy »

Our Mairie is our Insurance man...Axa...he didn't have a problem at all with our insurance - he himself has a letting property and is fully aware that ours are rentals.

We are covered that is the house floods or burns our holiday makers would be housed in like for like so we do not loose revenue...where this magical house is though is another point :roll: as we are the only sea front rentals we know!
Jo Taylor

Post by Jo Taylor »

The regulations are departmental, not "French".

The Comité Départemental (or Régional) du Tourisme - see your Préfecture - will give you the relevant guidelines.

Jo