Sun beds

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Nessie

Sun beds

Post by Nessie »

Sun beds

Brenda on the other thread states that her best buy were good quality sun beds

Do you supply cushions for your sun beds or not.

We use to but last year a couple of guests staying said that they did not what to use the cushions as they were un hygienic, as other peoples body sweat would be absorded ; I need to buy a couple more for this year and feel I might just go down the route of supplying beach towels
Nessie
pete

Post by pete »

we have 2 sunbeds in the garden with no cushions and 2 hammocks, when folks have wanted to sit on them we have got them clean outside towels and cushions from the garden chairs but we dont have a pool so they are often not there that long

pete
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

I have a thing about sunbed cushions and hate to see people using them without towels! The beds with cushions are so much more comfortable though!
We have just bought an outside sofa and chairs and I was lucky enough to find towels in the exact shade as the cushions so I've now wrapped them round all of the base cushions and can whip them off for washing. :D
If my sunbeds had cushions I think I would supply a towel with each bed in the hope that they would be used. I've only got a small apartment though, it just wouldn't be practical for large places with lots of beds.
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

We have teak sunbeds. Each mattress has two sets of covers to allow for regular washing.

We also supply blue poolside towels which are changed once during a two week stay.

Last year another member of this forum mentioned the following company which supplies slip over towels for the beds... http://www.loungeabout.net/

Removing the mattress covers is time consuming so to cut back on this I've ordered 12 Loungabout covers embroidered with our villa name. This will allow one set on the sunbeds and one in the (locked!) linen cupboard. I'm expecting my delivery today...being easily excitable I can't wait!!!

Eileen.

Holiday Villa Rental in Arillas, Corfu,
Greece

www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/corfu/16624

www.yourholidaymatters.com/greece.php
enid

Post by enid »

I had thought of getting those for this season - can you let us know what the quality's like? I was planning to make new covers but th ecost of the material and my time - well these don't seem too expensive against that!
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Hi Enid,

The price for 12 Loungeabouts including embroidery and postage costs was £176.11

Steve discounts for multiple orders.

I'll let you know what they're like. :)

Eileen.
:)
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Hi Enid,

My Loungeabouts have arrived! :D :D :D I'm delighted with the quality. The towel has a deep elasticated fold over at the top which slips over the sunbed mattress. There are two substantial ties at either side of the bottom end to tied onto the sunbed legs.

Steve posted them yesterday so full marks for speedy delivery.

I will post a photo of them on the beds but it will be a few weeks yet as I'm off to Corfu on Friday for two weeks then onto Windermere Lodge the following week.

Eileenx

Holiday Villa Rental in Arillas, Corfu,
Greece

www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/corfu/16624

www.yourholidaymatters.com/greece.php
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Think something like this could be my anwser. I had one set of cushions that the cover could be removed but shrunk in the wash, most likely my washing was the problem but they were not expensive, so that might have a problem. But its the time factor
Nessie