They didn't like the washing machine?! (VENT)

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Brooke

I certainly can't imagine you in the category of visiting Greece to view the pyramids. Everyone asks silly questions sometimes but it's a matter of degree.

The point being that now adays many more people than before can afford to take their holidays abroad which means we must expect a wide selection of guests, some good and some not so.

Chianti
enid

Post by enid »

we must expect a wide selection of guests, some good and some not so.
'Twas ever thus.

I agree with LV that being in a service industry we have to smile and keep giving the support - but sometimes when you have had an experience like Musetta it helps to let off steam with people who can understand how you feel!!!

Hope you've moved on now Musetta :D
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

I have a similar 'problem' with our Spanish washing machine, the clothes were so wet when the wash finished. I read the instructions (luckily in English too) and realised that I needed to reset the dial at the end of the wash for a faster spin. I took the view that guests would have the same problem and so just wrote in bold on the washing machine booklet that they needed to reset the dial to 'x' and re spin. My guests have been either unconcerned or have noted my comment because no one has ever said a dicky bird to me.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

enid wrote:
we must expect a wide selection of guests, some good and some not so.
Hope you've moved on now Musetta :D
*LAUGH* unfortunately...I think I did before everyone else ;-)

Thank you everyone again for letting me vent...I do know how silly the whole thing sounded....and that's why it made me feel SO much better to be able to post to everyone here who understands!

It also has made me think of all the guests I've had...and...yes...there HAVE been a couple rotten eggs in the basket this year - and you know about them because those are the ones that get me all upset and worked up and I just have to vent or explode ;-) but...you don't hear about all the really wonderful guests I've encountered :-)...and I probably don't spend as much time thinking about them either when things go smoothly and everyone is happy :-). I should (!!!)
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

enid wrote:it helps to let off steam with people who can understand how you feel!!!
If I didn't have the forum to vent in I'd explode too, Musetta!

Here's a trib I received last week, which has set me up nicely for the main season (and a few trials I expect!) It's an extract from an email reporting the fact that our phone wasn't working, sent by a delightful Canadian couple who are currently at the house for a month:

"Otherwise we are loving our holiday - scheming on how to steal Au Chicot and take it and the whole area back home with us."

:D Definitely swings and roundabouts in this business!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
J&J

Post by J&J »

I agree, Musetta, it's like that in many walks of life.
In teaching I spent a disproportionate amount of time on the naughty children and the good ones, although a joy, passed me by! There will no doubt be plenty more of each.

Judith
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Judith & James
Apartment in Dinard, Brittany.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

too true! I am going to make an effort spending just as much time on the "easy" ones in the future!

funnily enough...got this email this morning from the guests who stayed in the house right after those washing-machine ones:
"We had a fabulous time in your great apartment; we had a really great trip. We got home last night and we can't wait to do it again!

I wanted to tell you that one of the valved sippy-cups at the apartment was inadvertently packed in our luggage. We had the same ones but I came home with one more than I left with. Sorry! Please do take out the cost of replacement from our deposit. It was really great to know you during this process. You will hear from me again!

now...the baby sippy cup probably cost about $2 and it's not like I'd ever take someone's money for something like that :-)!! was so nice to get an email like this one right after the other one...puts things right back into perspective for sure! (and I shouldn't get so paranoid that people aren't enjoying their time at my home!)
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Musetta

You are soooooooooo right and how wonderful to have had these lovely guests stay. I think they may well have had good weather too.

All's well that ends well.

Chianti