Joining Instructions

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
e-richard

Joining Instructions

Post by e-richard »

One of the more trivial questions:

When do you send Joining instructions ?

I have traditionally sent these on receipt of the final payment, which is 8 weeks prior to the holiday.

The way I look at it, they have probably booked flights months earlier and can keep those details to hand, so why not send joining instructions at 8 weeks.

Clearly we're not going to send them before final payment, but I wondered if there is any good argument for sending them closer to the holiday start date ?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

AS I use Paypal, and ask for the balance 8 weeks befire, I now separate my final balance and damage deposit payments. DD is payable two weeks before arrival, and when I receive it I email the arrival instructions, also asking them to confirm time of arrival, and if they require any shopping etc. I used to send them earlier after the balance was paid, several people still forgot them. Recent booking was wondering why they had not received them yet-balance is not due until July. :roll:
goosie

Post by goosie »

I send it when we get the final payment six weeks before. I find that if it is a group (and the size of our property invariably means it is) they want to work out logistics in getting there, book treatments at the spa etc.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We combine booking confimation, booking conditions, cancellation policy and other information so that all goes out, with instructions and maps for getting here, when they book/pay.
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

'Joining instructions' is not a phrase I have heard before. What do you actually mean by it?

Sorry, got my thick head on today.

Bobby
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I understand that thick head syndrome Bobby. Happens after a good night out usually, but also when people read some of my posts. :?

I simply meant those bits of information you need to send to help the guest find your home (maps, etc.) and access info (meet n greet or key access or whatever).
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

I send ours when they've paid the balance 8 weeks before their stay, then usually get in touch with them about 5 days before they go to make sure everything is OK
http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk
actually quite nice apartment in Gozo!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Same as TP e-richard - I send them out when final payment has been received along with the receipt. TBH this is as much for my ease as the guests. It means I can do everything all in one go and then forget about them until they turn up! :D

The T&C's are on the initial booking form (where I also state when I will send out the map/written directions etc). I have to say tho' I do wish they would read the T&Cs, and I never know if they pass them on to the others in the group to read, or just file them away.

Does anyone have any checks in place to make sure everyone in the group is aware of them? Or do you hold the lead guest as responsible for making sure they do?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

I thought it meant that, just didn't know the phrase :oops: I also send it all out on payment of the final balance.

Re directions, as we are a hamlet of one, we show on the carte bleue, so I send that as well. Very useful, the only ones who get lost are trying to find us just using SatNav.

Bobby
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

yes, we hold the person who signs the contract as lead passenger responsible for all the traveling party
http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk
actually quite nice apartment in Gozo!
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

As the directions pack also include the keys, I don't send them out until about 2 - 3 weeks before departure - a little earlier if they're going abroad.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

LaLuz wrote:As the directions pack also include the keys, I don't send them out until about 2 - 3 weeks before departure - a little earlier if they're going abroad.
I always send my keys seperately with no identification in the envelope. That way if they get 'lost' no-one will have the address of the keys.
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

alifrank1 wrote: I always send my keys seperately with no identification in the envelope. That way if they get 'lost' no-one will have the address of the keys.
So do I alifrank1, but I do send them out at the same time.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

LaLuz wrote:
alifrank1 wrote: I always send my keys seperately with no identification in the envelope. That way if they get 'lost' no-one will have the address of the keys.
So do I alifrank1, but I do send them out at the same time.
Sorry, I presumed wrongly that you sent the whole lot together :?
Alison
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

alifrank1 wrote: Sorry, I presumed wrongly that you sent the whole lot together :?
Alison
Well re-reading my original post - that is what I said, although not what I actually meant. :oops:

I really must stop expecting everyone to be mind readers :)