Quickest ever return visit?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Vera

Quickest ever return visit?

Post by Vera »

Our guests left at 10,00 to stay in Alicante for 5 days and phoned us at 14.00 to ask if they could return here. The place they had been to was filthy, they complained to the meet and greeter without any joy, the owner is in UK. They cleaned for an hour and then gave up.
Does anyone have any experience of how to complain and try and get some money back?
I must say they left our place spotless.

Vera
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

How awful for them. They should contact the owners directly as soon as possible, they may not realise that the place is being left liek that by their cleaners
J&J

Post by J&J »

I agree, it sounds like the local cleaner isn't doing the job properly. It must have been really bad if an hour of their own efforts made no difference.
They need to tell the owner asap.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Judith & James
Apartment in Dinard, Brittany.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Vera,

Joan and I had the opposite a couple of years ago. Some people had booked a week with us and had booked somewhere else a bit North of us for the previous week. They spent one night in the other property and then telephoned us saying “we are in a complete s**t hole, can we come to you NOW?”

They were lucky; we weren’t booked so we said “yes” and they arrived three hours later. They were doubly lucky; the other owner who lived on-site couldn’t have cared less – he gave them their money back and told them to “p**s off”. BTW - they turned out be really nice guests.

Somehow I don’t think the other owner is a member of LMH and he’s certainly not a member of YHM.

Alan
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

and he’s certainly not a member of YHM

:lol:

MG
Vera

Post by Vera »

Our guests have phoned the owners and they have been told by their cleaner that everything was in order.
Our guests were told by the cleaner/keyholder that he had to do a "quick flip around" as it was a quick changeover. The owner said the place should have been empty. The apartment had loads of food and kids toys left in it so I guess it's time for the owner to change cleaners.
She said she will investigate more before offering a refund.

Just the sort of thing that gives us all a bad name.