Niumba..Free listingfor Spanish props

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

pepsipuss wrote: For anyone not yet convinced, I would say GO FOR IT!! :D
Funnily enough I've not had one enquiry from this site and I can't work out why :?
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

It may depend on when you started to advertise. We find that the enquiries start in February but we don't get many confirmed bookings before April or even May, and some come even later. The early enquiries are often time-wasters looking for bargains. Obviously the Spanish are not tied to flights so do not need to book early and we have learned to hold our nerve and not discount out of panic too early.
The other really important things are to have the text in Spanish and to update regularly, at least once a week, to keep at the top of the listings.
We do not get many Spanish bookings for earlier than July (just the odd one in June and Easter week) so it is important to use English sites for the other seasons.
Don't know if that helps as it may be a regional thing...
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
brenda

Post by brenda »

Have had several recent enquiries from Niumba - all Spanish - but they all still think the offer is for the whole house rather than B+B.
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

We found this too when trying to advertise B&B on Niumba. Under the 'type of accommodation' menu we eventually chose 'habitación rural' and then we called the property 'Alojamiento Las Tortugas'. It doesn't cut them all out but it does mean you get some proper enquiries - the main problem is that the Spanish generally do not understand the B&B concept unless they have travelled in France and UK. :roll:
Overall our booking rate for B&B on Niumba was pretty hopeless because of most of the clientele being Spanish. :(
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

We have been inundated with enquiries from them for one or two days for xmas or new year bookings for very large groups from youngsters - we can all guess what that means !!
No thanks. Been there, done that ....never again.
Fortunately, we have a long booking for that period so they've stopped at last.

The enquiries went on for weeks so it must be a very busy site but I have yet to take a Summer booking. I haven't been with them long enough to comment, if enquiries for those come in late.