Bad Timing!

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Margaret wrote:I just run year-on-year comparisons. That is what interests me. Others may do things differently.
I've only got 13 weeks booked for 2009, as opposed to 16 weeks at the same time last week. That is a 20% drop. 2008 has been better occupancy wise than 2007 so far, but as most of my income was in sterling, it is worth a lot less to me than I'd originally budgeted due to the drop in value of sterling. At least this year I'm going to get the full value of the advertised price.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Very strange year so far for me. I was absolutely certain that I would be around 30% down compared to last year but half my bookings have been last minute so it has turned out ok. If I take purely a Sept 07 to Sept 08 date line then I am virtually exactly the same occupancy with the same income...the fact that I have to transfer to euros is something I would like to conveniently forget :roll:

To the original poster, I wouldn't touch property with the proverbial barge pole at the moment if you are relying on rental income to help pay for it but then 'brave' is not a word I would use to describe myself.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm