Rain!! Rain!!!

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
fincafern

Rain!! Rain!!!

Post by fincafern »

Rain !! Rain !! Hurrah!! :lol: :lol:
Our first rain since late April - 4 months without ! The heavens were kind enough to only open in the night time too - very considerate of them - terrific thunderstorms.
And the wonderful fresh smell when you wake after all the dry dust has washed away.

I do hope those of you in other parts of Spain, desperately needing water, got your fair share too last night.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Yeh Fern......go on rub it in............... :roll: :D

Hah :) I know Spain has had a VERY hot and dry summer[well its nice to know somewhere did] :roll:
and I also know they do need the rain.........
But could you please ease up on the rain dances in time for Sunday[pretty please.... :wink:]

Image :(
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

It's Ok , Big Sis, it is now 10.00am and we are back to scorching hot again with lovely blue skies already, so don't worry, your hols will be fine and you will be sleeping in sheets only still !! The forecast is good. It was getting quite oppressive until this happened, so it was needed.
Our rain often falls only at night time as you know, when we do get it, which isn't that often, so it is rather handy.
It was so good last night that I got up and watched it for a while !
Everywhere is sparkling and shiny this morning.
cc

Post by cc »

Well I'm not one to steal anybodies thunder but the wife and I told the guests we would do a sun dance for them to drive away the clouds on Monday but it was actually the rain dance. :lol:
Shame it didn't rain the week before, we wouldn't have 75 hectacres of burned out pine forest behind the village.
You don't have to write something on every thread, do you?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

It's Ok , Big Sis, it is now 10.00am and we are back to scorching hot again with lovely blue skies already, so don't worry, your hols will be fine and you will be sleeping in sheets only still !!
:wink:
Even they get thrown off if its 'ot enough :wink: :D

Thanks Fernxxxxxxxx
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Got my share...and some very soggy cushions! :(
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well BW :roll:
We cant be having that!!!!! :shock:
the fact that here in the UK weve had nothing but torrential rain for Months.......
thats nothing compared to a few soggy cushions :wink: teehee.[you know Im teasing......]i hope :wink:

Take Care my dearxxxxxxxxx
Vera

Post by Vera »

We had a short shower on monday night from orange clouds that deposited dark red sand everywhere. Spent tuesday washing the guests cars and then their walls and windows befrore doing the sun beds, garden tables etc. and our own house.

The pool still looks murky to say the least but to my amazement the guests are perfectly happy in it, why do I worry when it is not 110% sparkling since they don't seem to notice!

Shower again this AM, I'm off to the UK tomorrow, hope the weather is better there.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Terrific thunder and lightening at 5 a.m. but only 5 minutes rain.

Then the heavens opened at 7 a.m. for an hour - the flowers look much happier now and the humidlity we have had the past few days has gone.

Wall to wall sunshine again now.

We really do need the water here though - lake at just 19% capacity - so some more overnight downpours would be most welcome.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Big Sis.. wrote:Even they get thrown off if its 'ot enough :wink: :D
Aarrgghhhh! Spare us the thought, Ros - I think the vision that conjures up might breach European Human Rights laws! :lol:

Mols :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

:D :D :D
I agree :) It frightens the life out of me as well :roll:
brenda

Post by brenda »

Torrential rain since 5 a.m. - still bucketing down at 12.30

Everywhere smells so fresh!
CSE

Post by CSE »

All this rain? We have had very little here in Green Spain, supposedly known for how wet it gets.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
cc

Post by cc »

Chucked it down from the early hours until about 1.30pm, just in time for todays arrivals.
We are now happily sitting inside a cloud and cannot see more than 50 yards.
You don't have to write something on every thread, do you?
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

Yes.....it's great isn't it ...we are also still sitting in a cloud too and its sooo cool. My poor new guests probably don't like it but it is supposed to clear up again tomorrow till Sat.
Oh, how nice not to have to water the garden! :lol: