for everthing else there's Mastercard....

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Ciapolin

for everthing else there's Mastercard....

Post by Ciapolin »

I just had to share this one (and hope it translates).

Let me begin by giving some background:

I live in Piemonte (Northern Italy) where amongst other things they are united in their passion for football and in their hatred for Berlosconi! Almost everyone here supports Juventus, arch rivals of Milan (curiously enough owned by Berlosconi!). You may have a feel for where I'm going! Despite being knocked out by Liverpool in the UEFA cup, all the Juvé fans became scousers by proxy!

Anyway, our local bar has an 'ad' up, which loosely translated says "Flights to Istanbul - €300. Tickets for the final - €250. The look on Berlosconi's face at the end of the match - pricesless! Some things in life can't be bought. For everything else there's Mastercard.

Made me smile anyway!
livinginitaly

Post by livinginitaly »

Having only just moved to Italy from Liverpool we're still finding our feet amongst the 'locals'. They seem very friendly though, so we decided that it would be ok to watch the match in the local bar.

As we approached, the place looked packed ... 'standing room only' even outside on the pavement. Inside though, there was plenty of room and we got a table right infront of the screen. I thought this was strange seeing as though it was already 1-0 and 15 mins into the game.

Two more goals from Milan were met by only moderate roars from a couple of tables behind us, everyone else obviously weren't football supporters - or so I thought!

Second half was different ...... the first goal from Liverpool, brought screams from behind the bar, and everyone from outside came rushing in. Obviously, the two further goals followed by the 'gut wrenching' penalty shoot out, built the place up into a frenzy! Dancing on the bar and free champagne for everyone!

Weren't we lucky to find a 'Juve' bar ;)
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Benvenuti in Italia Antonio! Finalemente!

Are you in the area, or further south?

Carole-Anne
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Have just seen your post on another thread - Umbria - nice!

We have had a bit of a year of it trying to get our builders moving (our apartments should have been open last summer, but they have only just started working on them). Your enthusiasm about coming here has helped remind me why we did it! Well that, the sun and a good few glasses of vino!

C-A