Wot no water!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Ciapolin

Wot no water!

Post by Ciapolin »

Well today is a holiday in Italy (Republic day) - we didn't have a holiday on Monday, incase anyone thinks we are getting extras!

A holiday, and guess wate... no water! I have been to check the tree (favorite spot for notices from the electricity people), but nothing!

Currently waiting for a call from the water people to tell me they know what the problem is and cn sort it :?

Feeling fed up and smelly so thought I'd share!

C-A
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

At this house the water often just stops. Don't know why. The locals don't seem bothered by it.We never know how long it will be gone for,it seems to come back a few hours later ,sometimes it takes all day! When this has happened in the past we have got in the car and gone out, often to the other house, which doesn't seem to have temperamental water! Not much use when the other place is let though! We've never had any warning or explanation :cry: Smelly is good!!!( not!!) :evil:
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Well I'm please to say my day improved! The water came back finally and we took ourselves off to a local wine festival to do some 'research'.

The first person we talked to insisted on taking us to see his cantina, and after being shown around, his father showed up with some German tourists. Unfortunately their Italian was limited and our hosts didn't speak any other languages and so asked usif we could help.

We came away with a present of 9 bottles of very acceptable wine, some great contacts and new friends. The German couple have even taken away details of our apartments to share with their friends back home.

What can I say, if our water hadn't gone off, we wouldn't have needed cheering up and probably wouldn't have gone to the festival.

The festival lasts all weekend, and as we only got as far as the first stand, perhaps I'll go back for some more research!....

C-A