Finally, we are buying!!

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Dreaming of soon having her own Blue Shutters (when painted), geraniums (when planted) and sparkling pool (when defrosted!)
It'll happen[trust me] :D
and hopefully you will keep us posted along the way.Its been a difficult journey so far[understatement :roll: ] but that will make you even more determined to make it work.

Good Luckxxxxxxxand Take Carexxxx
enid

Post by enid »

What a story! - I felt I lived every minute with you. Here's to the future now!!! - I dare say there will be other hairy moments but I'm sure you'll also have stories of great success. :D
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

:D :D

Two more deposit cheques arrived this morning.....and I am just waiting on one more due by Wednesday, and if that arrives we have our 6 peak weeks booked in less than three weeks of advertising (on Owners Direct and 2 free/trial periods sites and our website) All bookings have been OD or our own postacard. I didn't think we would book anything until we had the finished pics on the website after Easter.

We know the peak weeks are easier to book......and we have only booked 1 fortnight, all the others are single weeks as we are also having one week ourselves, which breaks up the pattern. Although we are paying for changeovers, we priced for single week stays and then a discount for two or more weeks, so it makes no difference to our net income. We've achieved peak pricing for 11th July and 22nd August weeks.

So we are looking forward to the Easter mammoth refurbishment session now we know we have hit our first season's target, and are finally beginning to feel the house is ours. I just have to work on June and September bookings now to make buying the pool pump worthwhile! ...and cross fingers for a slight improvement in exchange rates
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets
Windy

Post by Windy »

Great to hear of your success and long may it continue!

It's good fun doing this, isn't it, even if it can be hard work too!
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

Thank you Windy, good fun and I am so glad I found you all, thanks for everyone's advice. Thank you especially to whoever said in no uncertain terms to "get advertising sooner rather than later and don't mess about waiting for just the right photos etc" They were sooooooooooo right!!
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets