Newbie, Part-Time needs advice

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
illinoisjoey

Newbie, Part-Time needs advice

Post by illinoisjoey »

We purchased the home next door and plan to rent it out during local festivals and when company executives who are moving come in for a few weeks before their household goods. I only mention these examples as compared to many of the areas listed by others on this site it isn't a high tourist area. There are a lot of very nice things to see, but I would not classify it as a tourist site. I'm interested in information on how to begin, some pit falls, etc. midwestern USA location. With rentals in fall, spring, summer in that order of potential.

We have it furnished and bought a tv, but no cable tv.

thank you
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Illi, and welcome to the Forum :)
We do have some US Forumers, hopefully they will be able to give you some advice for your area.
It would be helpful if you could give more detail of where you are,size of the property etc

Take carex
illinoisjoey

Post by illinoisjoey »

This is in a mid size town about 6 hours from Chicago, IL. We do have a major "tourist" areas nearby: about 25 miles or 1-1/2 hours depending on which way you go. We have many museums, etc, however, I believe this would not be the major stop for tourists. So I'm looking at people from Festivals and other short term renters.

Residental area, near shops & restaurants. A home completely furnished -- 2 bedrooms, (plus a possible third, but haven't found a bed yet).

Thanks