Helping a friend? Wish I hadn't mentioned it now!

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Well done Ros - you're up late!

Once I told these 'friends' how much I wanted per listing I did for them, I haven't heard from them...... :roll:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well done Ros - you're up late!
Yep had some fwends round .. :wink: few glasses of wine and nibbles you know how it is....
Well it sounds like you had a narrow escape Kathy if theyre gonna be like that.............. :wink:
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Well you know how long it takes, especially for a property you've never been to - and I wasn't going to do that for nothing! :roll:
Kathy
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

They were expecting to pay you for your help at the start Kathy, yes? If you'd agreed a fee then, they shouldn't be having a problem so I hope they do the decent thing as it sounds as if you've been putting in quite a bit of time researching. :(
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Well we hadn't got as far as agreeing a fee as such, it's actually my hairdresser and 3 of his friends that have these 2 properties and he's never even heard of a listing site :roll: so asked me to meet up with them all and explain what they could do advertising-wise.

So they took me for lunch :D and we spent 2 hours or so discussing how to go about it, by then I'd spent a couple of hours researching best sites etc so I'd have something to tell them, then at the end of it they asked me if I'd be willing to do it all for them.

I went home, did a bit more work then decided how much to charge, rang up said hairdresser who agreed everything, said his friends would send me all the photos, info etc that I needed and that was that. Haven't heard a peep from any of them since.

And to be honest I'm soooo glad I haven't, no time now anyway and filling in details for listing sites is definitely not my idea of how to spend a pleasurable few hours/days..... :wink: Hate doing my own let alone anyone else's! Don't know why I even offered! :roll:
Kathy
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

How long ago was the last dialogue? Bit awkward if he's your hairdresser!

I love inputting stuff on the sites as it keeps me away from the ironing pile for a bit longer - and the other boring tasks that are a goat's lot! :lol:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well thanks all for telling me about Spain-Holiday I joined this morning and just got an enquiry
I havent even sent the chq off yet...........
Blimey :shock: another enq..this site really seems promising, thanks again guys........ :wink:
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Giddy Goat wrote:How long ago was the last dialogue? Bit awkward if he's your hairdresser!
Dec 4th, hope now that they just don't want to pay me......shouldn't be awkward, he's a bit of a dimwit anyway! :roll:
I love inputting stuff on the sites as it keeps me away from the ironing pile for a bit longer - and the other boring tasks that are a goat's lot! :lol:
Do you really Jane? :shock: I thought everyone hated it, it's just sooooo time-consuming, boring and tedious.
Kathy
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Yes, I know what you mean, but it becomes a bit of a challenge to squeeze the utmost out of the space allowed!

Sad I admit!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Challenge indeed, think I even prefer doing the ironing! :shock:
Kathy