Vueling on the brink?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Ben McNevis

Vueling on the brink?

Post by Ben McNevis »

Any news on what's up with Vueling, the low-cost airline based in Barcelona?

First, cancelled flights, then we get the runaround when chasing for the refund. The excuses (in order) in their emails were:

4 Oct:
"To be able to make the refund of your reservation we need you to send us your bank details because the card you made the purchase expired on 08/08."

(Wrong! But I gave the bank account details anyway.)

12 Oct:
"In response to your e-mail we would like to indicate that this very October 8 the refund was sucessfully transfered, so there is just left for your bank to recieve it within the next 2 weeks."

(Would be believable, but bank transfers within Spain take 24 hours, not 2 weeks).

17 Oct:
"In response to your e-mail we would like to indicate that our Finantial Dept. has confirmed that the refund will take place before 9th November."

(Ah. So the previous message was BS then?)

1 Dec:
"I would like to indicate that after contacting our bank, we were confirmed that the reimbursement has been properly realised.

Therefore, I kindly ask you to contact your bank, to verify if any incidents occurred in their database, since the reimbursement is successfully transferred. My apologies for this inconvenience."

(Well that explains it all. My bank probably has incidents which have occurred in its database - happens all the time.)

Seriously though, an airline behaving like that isn't likely to last long is it?
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Any news on what's up with Vueling
hi Ben - last I heard they were about to take over Clickair (the budget arm of Iberia)

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

Well well, they finally paid up!

It's wonderful what the threat of a little publicity can do :D

Yes, I saw that there was a propsed merger. News reports of it started early in 2008, but I don't think it's happened as yet.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day