marketing

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
wrighty

marketing

Post by wrighty »

Hello all, looking for a bit of advice, i have bought a property on the Ionion coast of Calabria and have had a few bookings over the last few months and a couple for next year. I have looked at a couple of ways to market the property including a website and an add on subito and dream holiday rental (free add for 1 year). I have looked at many on the internet ie owners direct etc but they all want an annual subscription to advertise. Are there any companys out there that would take a % commision from rentals rather than pay a fee, i think this way would be a lot better for me.

Many Thanks

ps website address is www.iscabeachrental.com the pics need up dating as we have had a few more home comforts than the pics show
Giddy Goat

Re: marketing

Post by Giddy Goat »

wrighty wrote:Are there any companys out there that would take a % commision from rentals rather than pay a fee, i think this way would be a lot better for me.
Wrighty, you haven't explained why? It would certainly be a lot more expensive, but maybe you don't have the time to handle the marketing yourself?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
wrighty

marketing

Post by wrighty »

Thanks for the reply, yes you are right i have not got the time to market the property myself. i understand that it could work out more expensive, but if there are no rents they dont get paid, where as owners direct for example would get paid wether i get a rent or not :?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Come on Wrighty, think positively! If you do things properly and the property is one to be proud of, of course you'll get bookings! What size is your property? I only ask in that of course the larger the property the higher the rent, and proportionately better value from advertising, which is lucky for some and less fair for others, it might be argued.

To market your property successfully however, you need to have a totally open mind and be prepared to put the effort in. There are many owners here who work full time yet seem to manage, and the main thing is whether the enjoyment derived from the direct contact with your guests, and the lovely feedback you'll get will offset the challenges that will also greet you along the way. :)
pambon

Post by pambon »

Giddy Goat wrote:Come on Wrighty, think positively! If you do things properly and the property is one to be proud of, of course you'll get bookings! What size is your property? I only ask in that of course the larger the property the higher the rent, and proportionately better value from advertising, which is lucky for some and less fair for others, it might be argued.

To market your property successfully however, you need to have a totally open mind and be prepared to put the effort in. There are many owners here who work full time yet seem to manage, and the main thing is whether the enjoyment derived from the direct contact with your guests, and the lovely feedback you'll get will offset the challenges that will also greet you along the way. :)
Hear hear GG. It really doesn't take too long to sign up to these holiday portals and speaking personally, the 3 I'm with have repaid themselves over and over again. The free ones, in 18 months, have NEVER given me one single booking.

A personal website is an added bonus.

Why do companies spend millions advertising their products on TV etc, 'cos it pays; advertising pays so consider it.
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Wrighty
Pambon is soooo right, advertise with the best sites and it will bring in bookings but if I might add: You've a lovely modern property, but you need to make it look inviting in your photos. The one of your open toilet without a seat cover and bidet are anything but inviting. What about putting up some pictures, put towels on the beds, flowers in the sitting room, dress your photos. The exterior with some bright red geraniums in nice pots along the front and on the staircase will make it look ever so inviting. Have a look at the photos of other members of the forum and you will see what I mean. You will be throwing money down the drain if you spend large sums on advertising but your photos don't make your lovely property appealing. You need not spend a huge sum on "dressing" it and if you have to then borrow some things until you have some money to buy what's needed.

Photos and good advertising will bring in the bookings I promise.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
Giddy Goat

Re: marketing

Post by Giddy Goat »

wrighty wrote:the pics need up dating as we have had a few more home comforts than the pics show
Sorry Wrighty, missed the website link until this morning and look forward to the image update. Looks a sweet property and you're already heading in the right direction with the pieces you have - some posters on the walls next perhaps and a rug or two; bit more furniture eventually? Then you'll be ready to hit those listing sites!