Turning Enquires into bookings

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
pambon

Post by pambon »

I also always answer enquiries individually, (I have FAR less than 300 annually - I wish!) and always repeat dates and important info. Just as well as my next August booking was for 10 days until she emailed me confirmation for one week. When I confirmed it in my reply, she emailed me back immediately informing me of her error - it was supposed to be 10 days as per all our previous mails. This shows how important it is to REPEAT EVERYTHING :P

A little extra 'dressing' (read info) on an initial enquiry doesn't go amiss although I try to keep my answers to the punters enquiries at the start but, as I said, dressed up :)

Like you, Chianti, I always sign off with my website after inviting them to take a look at it should they have not done so already.
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

pambon wrote: This shows how important it is to REPEAT EVERYTHING :P
I agree! And to check dates - last Friday I was at the apartment the instant departing guests left and raced around to get the place as ready as possible in 1 hour :!: for my next arrivals, who are repeats and coming off an overnight flight so I was letting them in early.

When they still hadn't arrived about an hour after they were due, I rang to check. Only to discover they were flying that night!

In the first email, some months ago, he had put "sat 12 dec" and I hadn't checked the day and date matched... I had the 12th on all subsequent correspondance but since they were flying on the 12th, to them that was the start of their break so they didn't notice the discrepancy either!!

Still, it meant the place was ready in good time for their arrival the next day... :roll:
Lounging on the lily pad...
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

This is why we don't accept a booking unless our booking form has been filled in on the website. This insists on guests stating the date they will arrive and the date they will depart. It isn't foolproof (nothing is), but in 3 and half years, only 2 lots of guests have arrived or planned to depart on a different date to the one expected because they didn't fill the dates in correctly. Our booking confirmation repeats the information back to them - although, of course, lots don't actually read it.
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Margaret
We do something similar. When guests say they wish to make a booking they're sent the T&Cs and Booking Form on 1 document. They must return it before the payment stage of the process. In future I'm going to put arrival and departure next to the dates as hotels always make it clear what day you actually depart, just as another safety measure.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
Giuliana

Post by Giuliana »

No reply!!!! Yet again :twisted:
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Giuliana
Don't give up, I've just had one that didn't reply, we all do.

Some may look now, but book after Christmas.
Chianti

pambon

Post by pambon »

Giuliana wrote:No reply!!!! Yet again :twisted:
I'm on the other end of the stick....with no reply :?

As some of you may be aware thru' pm's, I'm trying to book for next August in the UK, to escape the heat here.

I found a place that suited us and emailed the owner, then spoke with her on the phone all OK. I was asked to email my contact details, which I did immediately finishing our phone conversation and she would send me the T&C and deposit details. This was the begining of this month.....silence. I phoned yesterday and left a message and my phone number with another person, explaining the circumstances, and was assured that the owner would call back....silence. Obviously I'll make no more contact.

I found 2 more suitabe places on HL and emailed enquiry yesterday evening - still awaiting a response from both.....

Obviously none of them are LMH's otherwise this would not have happened. I may call the 2 HL ones or not - depending on how I feel :shock:

Perhaps they do need need to rent :)

No replies works both ways unfortunately :cry:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I'm usually able to reply in less than 24 hours, and sometimes immediately if I'm at home, but 24 hours is a reasonable length of time so I wouldn't feel too disenchanted about those two yet Pam. As for the first one, :roll: Perhaps there's been some sort of crisis to explain the deafening silence?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Pambon
How surprising. I can't think of a reason other than they may be travelling at the moment.
Chianti

pambon

Post by pambon »

I also reply within 6 to 12 hours max. 24. I do with everybody regardless if it's rentals or not. In fact friends say they worry if they don't have an almost instant reply!!

My EL says I'm addicted to this machine....and he's right :D
Windy

Post by Windy »

My EL says I'm addicted to this machine....and he's right Very Happy
You as well huh! :lol:
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

My EL says I'm addicted to this machine....and he's right
Join the club - all very well for him to moan but I don't know any other way to get the bookings!! :roll:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
pambon

Post by pambon »

Windy wrote:

Yep, but while you are all IT high-tech experts I struggle along doing my own thing. But I have been told by those 'in the know' that for my age :P :P I'm pretty good :D :D including my son who NEVER praises me (like most sons!)
and even my webmaster asked me this summer if I'd like to join his small staff. I told him that as a senior citizen I really thought I was too old to take the offer up; but it made me feel good :lol:

Anyway, one of the 2 HL enquiries of last night has replied, let's see of the other does.

To be continued
pambon

Post by pambon »

Windy wrote:

Yep, but while you are all IT high-tech experts I struggle along doing my own thing. But I have been told by those 'in the know' that for my age :P :P I'm pretty good :D :D including my son who NEVER praises me (like most sons!)
and even my webmaster asked me this summer if I'd like to join his small staff. I told him that as a senior citizen I really thought I was too old to take the offer up; but it made me feel good :lol:

Anyway, one of the 2 HL enquiries of last night has replied, let's see if the other does.

To be continued
Windy

Post by Windy »

You're getting ENQUIRIES??

I remember them :cry: