Turning Enquires into bookings

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

pepsipuss wrote:I think the two most important influences on conversion rates are the size of the property and how many such properties are available locally. There are generally fewer people looking for larger properties but if relatively few properties are available in the same area the enquiries will result in a good conversion rate if the price is right.
Yes, from our experience I think you're spot on PP. Of course the other factor of in terms of high conversion rate is the use of an availability calendar ....

(I've got my coat)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Hang on GG, I'll just get mine and I'll be with you in a sec... :D

This is an excerpt from an email I got from the Perfect Getaways listing site:
I would just be careful regarding leaving availability calendars blank though. Our statistics show that the people who have their availability calendars showing completely free do not get enquiries. Visitors are incredibly lazy and if they can’t see your availability instantly, they are inclined to click off. People who skip-read are also inclined to think you have no weeks booked out which would put them off straight away.
:wink:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Is there something about us ruminants NC?
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Is there something about us ruminants NC?
No not really, you just chew everything over twice. Which in my book means you don't make rash decisions.

But a squirrel often can't remember where he left his nuts :? :cry: :oops:

Bobby
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

But a squirrel often can't remember where he left his nuts

Bobby
:wink: :D
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:lol: Bit grim that Bobby - fairly fundamental that, I'd have thought!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Nice to see the squirrel around a bit more though, has he found his nuts yet? :lol:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Pepsipuss
I think the two most important influences on conversion rates are the size of the property and how many such properties are available locally. There are generally fewer people looking for larger properties but if relatively few properties are available in the same area the enquiries will result in a good conversion rate if the price is right. Quote

That confirms my opinion completely :!:
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Perfect Getaways are probably right if that you show no bookings at all for the summer by the time you get to April people might wonder if there is something wrong with the property. Availbility calendars are a bit of a pain to keep up to date if you list on a lot of sites but at least they mostly discourage bookings for dates already taken.
However with the three apartments that we look after we tend to leave availability showing on all of them when we still have key weeks available only one one, which often enables us to fill the vacant one even if it is not the one requested. Two are similar and in same block so that is a no-brainer but we often fill dissilmilar ones this way as well. This nearly backfired once as we had a desperate phone call from a customer who saw that we were showing 'her' apartment as still available :oops: so now we explain our procedure to all our customers when they book! This year we may even do the same with the house as we have a friend with similar accommodation not far away.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Giuliana

Post by Giuliana »

Thanks all for the interesting opinions. Chianti- it looks like all the dreamers write to me :evil: I know about the group thing and if they are interested they say they will get confirmation from the rest of the group.
As far as pricing is concerned in my area there are some horrible apartments( I viewed them to get an idea of prices) that cost far more than our Villa so we are very competative. Just have to wait and see what 2009 brings. I agree I need to dress the e-mail up a little more to sell the dream!!!
We have put a lot of hard work into this house and I am really fed up sending e mails out to people that don't bother to send you a reply even if it's negative. This week had 3 enquires and no replies as of yet :evil:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Guilana theres an oldish thread here wonder if it might be useful
viewtopic.php?p=93860#93860
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Giuliana
Hang in there, it's before Christmas, we may still be in dreamtime. I hope you'll have loads of bookings after the holiday. Even if you're cheaper and better than the competition people still have to be sure they can afford their holiday.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Hi Giuliana,

Looking again at your reply to that inquiry, I think you could probably get a better response by writing more. I don't think it was blunt, just a little minimalist.

I have a standard reply that I now send to all inquiries. It has the basics about dates and rates that I change for each inquiry. Then the rest is my sales pitch about the apartment and the area. The text is entirely different to what's on my website so I send it to people who've come directly from there too.

I've often wondered if it's too long but I've had lots of replies saying that all the extra info got them excited about the place, so I don't think it's doing any harm.
Lounging on the lily pad...
Giuliana

Post by Giuliana »

Hi Greenfrog,
I agree that my e-mail was a little minimalist. Got an enquiry yesterday for Easter so I sent an e-mail with more info about the area and weather at Easter. Let's hope they reply!!!!!!
Thanks to everybody for the comments and if I get this booking it will be thanks to all of you :P
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Fingers crossed Giuliana and let us know - happy renting!